Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Timestamp in directory listing Post 85614 by vino on Thursday 6th of October 2005 09:48:52 AM
Old 10-06-2005
You can use stat

Code:
for file in *
for
echo $file - $(stat -c %y $file)
done

Read the man pages of stat for more options.

vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Directory Listing...

Is there a way of listing everything under a directory. So for example if you wanted to know everything under the USR directory you would get all the sub directories and files in those directories as well as the file directly under the USR directory. I would imagine that you could do this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i get directory listing?

Hai friends is there any command in unix that display only directories... (I have 5 directories in my home directory, and i also have some files along with directories...But when i tried to show the directory listing using the command ls -d i wasn't presented by the directory listing...Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Listing Help

i have searched through this site and have found some useful information but i'm struggling with one thing. In my script i am created a start and end file so I can get a listing of the files within those two files. However I want to exclude any sub-directories in this listing. Below are the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-DUB
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Dir - listing of full path and timestamp

Hi, (Apologies, I'm sure I'm not the first person to raise this question but so far in my searches haven't found a good answer). I would like to output a listing per line of filename (including full path) and 'last updated' timestamp. e.g: Z:\dir1\file1.txt 01/02/2010 10:43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GM_AIX
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory listing

Hi, I have a directory with a bunch of files say around 150K. I want the directory's path and the filenames printed to a text file. Example: If I am in the directory /path/test and the files in this directory are My output file should be like this Thanks in advance ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Listing the files in a directory

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A script that takes any number of directories as command line arguments and then lists the contents of each of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing of files between two timestamp

Hi, I want to list down the files between two timestamp. But I can not use newer or newermt command as it doesn't support these tokens. Is there any other way to achieve this? Else I have to write too much of coding . Input Dec 01 02:02 Dec 02 05:07 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Sen
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the contents of a file after a timestamp

Hi All I have a file which contains the timestamp of the log and a message and I want to implement a polling mechanism, where this log file is pooled every 2 minutes and list the errors in the file. I want to list down the errors only after the timestamp in the file is more than the current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies
dircmp(1)						      General Commands Manual							 dircmp(1)

NAME
dircmp - Compares two directories SYNOPSIS
dircmp [-d] [-s] directory1 directory2 The dircmp command reads directory1 and directory2, compares their contents, and writes the results to standard output. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: dircmp: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Displays for each common file name the differing contents of the two files, if any. The display format is the same as that of the diff command. Does not list the names of identical files. OPERANDS
The path name of a directory to be compared. DESCRIPTION
First, dircmp compares the file names in each directory. When the same file name appears in both, dircmp compares the contents of the two files. In the output, dircmp lists the files unique to each directory. It then lists the files with identical names but different contents. If entered without a option, dircmp also lists files that have both identical names and identical contents. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] In many cases, diff -r, rather than dircmp, is preferred. The dircmp command is marked LEGACY. The diff -r command should be used instead. EXAMPLES
To summarize the differences between the files in two directories, enter: dircmp proj.ver1 proj.ver2 This displays a summary of the differences between the directories proj.ver1 and proj.ver2. The summary lists separately the files found only in one directory or the other, and those found in both. If the file is found in both directories, the file is listed. If the files are identical, dircmp displays identical; otherwise, dircmp displays different. To show the details of the differences between files, enter: dircmp -d -s proj.ver1 proj.ver2 The -s option suppresses information about identical files. The -d option displays a diff listing for each of the differing files found in both directories. SEE ALSO
Commands: cmp(1), diff(1) Standards: standards(5) dircmp(1)