Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail -q hangs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sendmail -q hangs Post 85565 by chaandana on Thursday 6th of October 2005 12:15:14 AM
Old 10-06-2005
HI RTM

You are right - my sendmail is not working well.
I executed that command. It gives me warnings to say that there is a version mismatch. What shall I do ?

# /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null
Version 8.11.7p1+Sun
Compiled with: LDAPMAP MAP_REGEX LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS NISPLUS
QUEUE SCANF SMTP USERDB XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
(short domain name) $w = stib2
(canonical domain name) $j = stib2.sol.mydomain.com
(subdomain name) $m = sol.mydomain.com
(node name) $k = stib2
========================================================

Warning: .cf file is out of date: sendmail 8.11.7p1+Sun supports version 9, .cf file is version 8
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

Last edited by RTM; 10-06-2005 at 09:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

HMC Hangs

Hi Gurus ; I have few SP Nodes running and alongwith that there is a console. All running Aix 4.3. The console system use to monitor activities for other SP nodes but at a sudden the console stops responding without logging any error. We have to reboot everytime sometimes twice or thrice in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadwendrav
0 Replies

2. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Hangs!

Hi, I have script which is based on TCL and expect. It is written to test my code. It usually runs fine for a while and hangs after sometime. Code snippet set l_temp_timeout $timeout OUTPUT_LOG2 2 >>>$expect_out(buffer)<<< OUTPUT_LOG2 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenpn
2 Replies

4. Solaris

System hangs

Hi, today when i started the OS Sun Solaris 10 it hangs on initialization. Following was shown in the end of the screen Initializing system Please wait.... * Please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH hangs

Hi all, At a little bit of loss here. I have a Linux box (Redhat Enterprise 4) that has been working flawlessly for a while, that is until late Tuesday when none of the users could ssh into it. The machine is in a DMZ over which I have no control of the network settings. Here is the debug output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Xrdp hangs

Hi, I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankVanDamme
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

SFTP hangs

Ok sftp connects but hangs after I enter the password manually The ssh version is 1.0 bash-2.05$ ssh -V SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. When I go from solaris 9 to sftp to another server with latest proftpd version it hangs after the password. proftpd -V Compile-time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. Programming

Program Hangs

I have two programs, DriverScale.c and scale9.c. DriverScale.c calls scale 9.c which sends a W and a carraige return to the scale which SHOULD return the weight to DriverScale. However scale 9 hangs for at least 10 min, and then finally returns the weight. Compilation: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)