Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux Post 85453 by jdel80 on Wednesday 5th of October 2005 12:57:48 PM
Old 10-05-2005
Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Again Linux and Win2k dual boot

Hello, sorry to bug again....a friend of mine who works for a software company asked the network guy there .....I want to install Linux 7.2 on my windows 2000 box....Mr. Network said that I should have installed linux first then 2k.....does it really make a difference which operating system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XP/Linux dual boot

Does anyone have any idea how I can manage an XP/Linux dual boot (I want to use debian), I can't find anything about it on the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XDC_Wolf
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Windows & Sun Dual boot on x86 platform...possible??

My first thread from Kuwait Peace Land :) is it possible to make dual boot on my PC between Win XP and Solaris 9 and above?? if yes , how to do?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AboJasim
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris/Linux Dual Boot

From googling around, I have found that dual booting isn't so hard... if you are installing both for the first time. However, I couldn't find anything on if I can preserve my Solaris 10 partition that is already installed. Any words of advice? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't boot from burned Sol 10 x86 DVD

Hi all- I am trying to boot from a Solaris 10 DVD which I burned from the ISO I d/l from Sun(Oracle). I checked the byte counts of the image on Sun's website and my system and they are the same. I and using cdrecord from Schilly and burning the DVD like so: cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -dao... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. Android

Android x86 version dual boot with ubuntu

Hi, i came across this android x86 OS Link. there is a live cd and HD installation. i try the live cd and HD installation in the virtualbox and its working fine. im interested with this x86 platform. since i had a viewsonic viewpad 7 android 2.2.Does anyone try to dual boot this Android x86 OS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol 11 express X86:Dual monitor config,max resolution

Hello! I have some X86 desktop computer with G45 embedded dual-head video. Two monitors can be configured, but with "small" problem: the summ of dimensions in any direction (vert or horis) can't exceed 1680 pix- max sizeof virtual screen area. Attempts to edit "videoram" parameter in xorg.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urry_buh
0 Replies

10. Linux

Dual Boot Linux Recommendation

Hi there, Let me make things simple........I want to dual boot Vista 32 bit with some version of Linux / Unix OS. Please recommend........Open SuSE 11, Fedora 9, Ubuntu etc etc 32 bit or 64 bit?? My desktop is Sony Vaio VGC-LS1. Lap top Dell XPS 1710. Hoping to hear your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies
OPERATOR(7)                                                  Linux Programmer's Manual                                                 OPERATOR(7)

NAME
operator - C operator precedence and order of evaluation DESCRIPTION
This manual page lists C operators and their precedence in evaluation. Operator Associativity () [] -> . left to right ! ~ ++ -- + - (type) * & sizeof right to left * / % left to right + - left to right << >> left to right < <= > >= left to right == != left to right & left to right ^ left to right | left to right && left to right || left to right ?: right to left = += -= *= /= %= <<= >>= &= ^= |= right to left , left to right COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2011-09-09 OPERATOR(7)