Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swap vrs Paging
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Swap vrs Paging Post 85420 by jimthompson on Wednesday 5th of October 2005 10:16:01 AM
Old 10-05-2005
Computer thanks

thanks for the reply - very comprehensive ! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

LDOM vrs Container

Does anyone know the difference between a Logical Domain and a Container ? Both seem to be virtualisation technologies from Sun. Also I know a Domain can have containers within it but I don't see the point (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

paging

I need a script which sends a mail when paging is happening and which process is causing paging? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

swap not defined as swap

free -m : 1023 total swap space created default partition /dev/sdb1 50M using fdisk. i did write the changes. #mkswap /dev/sdb1 #swapon /dev/sdb1 free -m : 1078 total swap space this shows that the swap is on Question : i did not change the type LINUX SWAP (82) in fdisk. so why is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat and paging ... how to interpret and get currently swap space size

Hi, OS = Solaris 5.10 I need some guidance on interpreting vmstat to confirm whether my server is swapping or not. Can anyone please advise whether the column to check on the vmstat output is the pi column, does higher pi values means the server is swapping or am having swapping issues? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. AIX

Paging

Hi , I have 8Gb memory in my JS21 server. When I run svmon it shows 3655Mb memory is utilized and 4344Mb free. I have configured 8Gb paging space and 14% is utilized which is 1Gb. I dont have memory issues but just want to know Why 1gb paging is utilized when my almost 4Gb real memory is free?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to monitor swap space paging activity?

hi guys My tivoli monitoring tools is reporting the monitor parameters says Pages Paged out is too high 1600 so it is a critical warning (threshold 400) now according to them this usually happens at dawn so is there a way to monitor this? during the time I am not working? ans something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)