Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hmc
Operating Systems AIX Hmc Post 85395 by balaji_prk on Wednesday 5th of October 2005 08:23:51 AM
Old 10-05-2005
Ok fine.. so its possible only thro blade servers.. fine...

Balaji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

2. AIX

HMC Backup

I have a few HMC questions. Version: 7 Release: 3.3.0 Build Level: 20080421.1 Base Version: V7R3.3.0 Model Type: 7042CR4 1. What are the types of backups should be performed on the HMC in case of disaster? From what I gather in the documentation, there is a critical data backup and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
2 Replies

3. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

4. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. AIX

HMC uptime

Hey guys!! Was tring to figure out how to find the uptime of an HMC? Any clue Bala (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. AIX

HMC installation

Can i install HMC on an x86 or x64 machine.. i have (2) rs6000 44p model 170 . OS: AIX 5.3 TL 7 I want to practice HMC and LPAR. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

7. AIX

LSSVCEVENTS [HMC]

Hi all :) two question... 1) in which file the HMC events will be stored? i talking about the log of the HMC console (lssvcevent). 2) The HMC function "Backup Critical Data" store the backup also on remote server through SFTP? In the documentation i read only FTP and NFS. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Commands

Hello All, Can anybody knows a command, what I can check the processes in the HMC restricted shell? :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalaso
1 Replies

9. AIX

Rebuilding a HMC

Hi Guru's, I'm trying to rebuild a very old HMC 7315-C02 the hard disk has gone so needs replacing. I've managed to find an old IDE hard disk lying around but its obvious that it's had windows running on it as the HMC install disks won't recognise the format. I'm trying to install HMC V6 R1.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
3 Replies

10. AIX

HMC Upgrade

Hi Experts So we have two data center .I upgraded the HMC in one datacenter, very easy no problem, but in the second datacenter we have dual HMC connection. I am looking at the document from the ibm documentation. I found something that I am not comfortable following. which is this : Physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
2 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base - Base class for DBD::Gofer policies SYNOPSIS
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Gofer:transport=...;policy=...", ...) DESCRIPTION
DBD::Gofer can be configured via a 'policy' mechanism that allows you to fine-tune the number of round-trips to the Gofer server. The policies are grouped into classes (which may be subclassed) and referenced by the name of the class. The DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base class is the base class for all the policy classes and describes all the individual policy items. The Base policy is not used directly. You should use a policy class derived from it. POLICY CLASSES
Three policy classes are supplied with DBD::Gofer: DBD::Gofer::Policy::pedantic is most 'transparent' but slowest because it makes more round-trips to the Gofer server. DBD::Gofer::Policy::classic is a reasonable compromise - it's the default policy. DBD::Gofer::Policy::rush is fastest, but may require code changes in your applications. Generally the default "classic" policy is fine. When first testing an existing application with Gofer it is a good idea to start with the "pedantic" policy first and then switch to "classic" or a custom policy, for final testing. POLICY ITEMS
These are temporary docs: See the source code for list of policies and their defaults. In a future version the policies and their defaults will be defined in the pod and parsed out at load-time. See the source code to this module for more details. POLICY CUSTOMIZATION
XXX This area of DBD::Gofer is subject to change. There are three ways to customize policies: Policy classes are designed to influence the overall behaviour of DBD::Gofer with existing, unaltered programs, so they work in a reasonably optimal way without requiring code changes. You can implement new policy classes as subclasses of existing policies. In many cases individual policy items can be overridden on a case-by-case basis within your application code. You do this by passing a corresponding "<go_<policy_name">> attribute into DBI methods by your application code. This let's you fine-tune the behaviour for special cases. The policy items are implemented as methods. In many cases the methods are passed parameters relating to the DBD::Gofer code being executed. This means the policy can implement dynamic behaviour that varies depending on the particular circumstances, such as the particular statement being executed. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.18.2 2013-06-24 DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)