Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix Unix Mailx Attachments
Operating Systems AIX Aix Unix Mailx Attachments Post 85322 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 4th of October 2005 02:59:23 PM
Old 10-04-2005
If you search the site Perderabo used to have a post that he gave a script that could handle attachments. I don't know if it is still available since the site was updated...

I have used it and it works very well...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : using mailx and attachments

Hi I want to use mailx command to send a message included more than one file. I tried to use uuencode in pipe but it could only generate one file. I would avoid using an archive file :p Thanks to read you. Mathieu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending attachments via unix

Hi, I need to send a mail attachment from the UNIX commandline. I'm using Tru64 and the mail client thats supposed receive the attached file (an excel sheet) is Lotus Notes. Can anybody help me out? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with multiple excel attachments using mailx

I have written the following code send multiple attachments using mailx (uuencode file1 file1; uuencode file2 file2; uuencode file3 file3;) | mailx -s MultipleAttachments -r Sysadmin abc@xyz.com The attachments are coming properly if the file1,2,3 are either pdf, text, doc. But if these files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanam2004
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using mailx to save attachments

Hi, I have a requirement to save a mail attachment sent from Windows to a Solaris 9 server. I'm using mailx on the server and have seen a few examples of how to attach a file for sending but none for how to save the attachment when receiving. I can see the encoded text when I look at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jublio
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send multiple attachments using uuencode and mailx

Hi, I am seeing some junk characters when I attach the second file, given below is the logic I used. Please help me resolving the issue. ( uuencode file1.txt file1.txt.lst && uuencode file2.txt file2.txt.lst ) > attachment.txt cat body.txt attachment.txt > combinemail.txt mailx -m... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Attachments using MAILX

I have created a shell scripts and wanted to email users multiple attachments using mailx. I noticed that when I do a man on mailx I see and -a option for attachments. When I run a: mailx -s "test attachments" -a include_file -a exclude_file testuser@mydomain.com (Interrupt -- one more to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read mail attachments in AIX

Hello All, Is there a way to read/view email attachments in AIX? Here's my scenario; I have users that will being scanning documents for digital storage. To make it easier for the users, I would like for them to scan and email the pdf version of the document directly to one of my AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx sending attachments to personal email, but not SharePoint?

Hello! I am writing a KornShell script that (in addition to other things) sends a file from a Unix directory to a SharePoint directory. However when executing the script there is no sign of the file on the SharePoint. I have tested the script using my personal email as the destination and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with opening the UNIX mailx attachments on iPhone/iOS

I have created a simple log file (abc.log) with Hello World, from my UNIX script. At the end of the script, I have attached the log to my email using uuencode & mailx command. THe email was send successfully and opening on my desktop without any issues. I have the email sync with my iPhone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies
vxsited(1M)															       vxsited(1M)

NAME
vxsited - site monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxsited [mail_address...] DESCRIPTION
The vxsited daemon monitors Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) for disks being attached, and reattaches a detached site if the disks that belong to that site become accessible. vxsited analyzes the output of the vxnotify command, and waits for a failed disk to attach. When a disk is attached, vxsited attempts to online the disk, and tries to reattach the failed site. If a site is successfully reattached, vxsited starts recovery using vxrecover, and sends mail to root (by default) or to other specified users. Mail Notification By default, vxsited sends mail to root with information about the disk status of any attempts to reattach the site. To send mail to other users, add the user login name to the line that starts vxsited in the startup script, /etc/init.d/vxvm-recover, and reboot the system. For example, if the line appears as: nohup vxsited root & and you want mail also to be sent to user1 and user2, change the line to read: nohup vxsited root user1 user2 & Alternatively, kill the vxsite process, and restart it from the command line with the required mail addresses as arguments. The mail notification has a format that is similar to the following: Subject : Volume Manager site reattach on host hostname Reattached site sitename in disk-group diskgroup Reattachment Procedure If a disk from a detached site becomes accessible again, vxsited checks whether the relocation daemon, vxrelocd, is running. If vxrelocd is running, vxsited attempts to reattach the site. The relocation daemon can then try to relocate the failed subdisks using space on the available disks in the disk group. If the failed objects are successfully relocated, vxrelocd changes the state of the site to RECOVER, and starts the recovery of volumes at the site. When all the plexes at a site have been recovered, the plexes are put into the ACTIVE state, and the state of the site is set to ACTIVE. If vxrelocd is not running, vxsited only reattaches a site when all the disks from that site become accessible. After successfully reat- taching a site, vxsited changes the site state to ACTIVE, and initiates recovery using vxrecover. When all the plexes from a site have been recovered, the plexes are put into the ACTIVE state, and the state of the site is set to ACTIVE. vxsited does not attempt to reattach a site that has been explicitly detached by an administrator. The state OFFLINE is set for sites that have been detached by using the following command: vxdg -g dg_name detachsite sitename Disabling vxsited If you do not want a site to be recovered automatically, kill the vxsited daemon, and prevent it from restarting. To kill the daemon, run the following command from the command line, and locate the process table entry for vxsited: ps -ef Execute the command: kill -9 PID Substitute the process ID of the vxsited process for PID. To prevent vxsited from being restarted, comment out the line that starts vxsited in the startup script /sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover. FILES
/sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover The startup file for vxsited. SEE ALSO
kill(1), mailx(1), ps(1), vxdg(1M), vxrelocd(1M), vxintro(1M), vxnotify(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsited(1M)