Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BackTrace
Top Forums Programming BackTrace Post 85238 by vino on Tuesday 4th of October 2005 02:06:48 AM
Old 10-04-2005
Use google to search for the source code of GDB.

Here is the first link that came up when gdb source code was given... Current GDB

vino

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printing a stack trace with backtrace

I am trying to print a stack trace programatically using backtrace and backtrace_symbols. The problem is that the stack being printed in a mangled format. Is there a way to get the output in more of a human readable form? I am using Red Hat and the program is written in c++. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmirza
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to backtrace a shared library file (.so)

I have a shared library file (.so) and I need to know some information 1. By which GCC version was this .so built? 2. Was this .so built in 32 bits mode or 64 bits mode Any command / tools to backtrace such kind of information? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
2 Replies

3. Programming

MIPS backtrace

Hi, I'm working in a MIPS processor and, since the function backtrace() is not implemented for this architecture, I would like to know if there is another way to do a stack backtrace in this processor. Thanks a lot!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
3 Replies

4. Programming

Gdb backtrace

Hi, all I try to understand the output from gdb Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. *** glibc detected *** /home/sys_cbo/dev/zif/bin/Debug/zifd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fffac04d3d0 *** how should i read this? (gdb) backtrace #0 0x0000003015e32925 in raise () from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huvcbo
1 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)

NAME
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace - Analyzes C/C++ backtrace, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function in problem directory DIR. SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace [-v] [-d DIR] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a file named backtrace from problem directory, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function. Then it saves this data as new elements duphash, rating, crash_function in this problem directory. Integration with libreport events abrt-action-analyze-backtrace can be used as a secondary analyzer, after backtrace has been generated. The data generated by abrt-action-analyze-backtrace is useful for reporting the crash to bug databases: rating makes it possible to prevent reporting of bugs with low quality (non-informative) backtraces, duplication hash is used to find already filed bugs about similar crashes. Example usage in report_event.conf: EVENT=analyze analyzer=CCpp abrt-action-generate-backtrace || exit $? abrt-action-analyze-backtrace OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team SEE ALSO
abrt-action-generate-backtrace abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)