Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to read specific lines in a bulk file using C file Programming Post 85165 by Perderabo on Monday 3rd of October 2005 06:32:04 AM
Old 10-03-2005
Please read our rules and note:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

I will delete the thread where you post a second copy of this follow-up question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Read a text file using shell Programming

Hello! I need to read a text file containing certains rows and columns!The following is a sample file with only three rows! 01:41:30:00:05:51 OFF 48506649K 5769415 63494357K 01:41:30:00:05:65 ON 4493546K 27266552 5880264K 01:41:30:00:05:78 OFF 614556K 89121 47291K... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandytul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to read specific lines in a file

I have a file with contents as follows Record 1: Rejected - Error on table "DWO"."P2G_CUST_EVENTS". ORA-00001: unique constraint (DWO.CUST_EVENTS_PK) violated Record 5: Rejected - Error on table "DWO"."P2G_CUST_EVENTS". ORA-00001: unique constraint (DWO.CUST_EVENTS_PK) violated Record 6:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varshanswamy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file specific place in file using inode

Hello, I am using tcsh on AIX. I would like to write a script that does the following: 1. given an inode, how do I find exactly the name of the file? I know I could do this using ls -i | grep <inode> but it returns: <inode> <filename>. I need some string manipulation or something to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in specific lines in a file

I have a text file First title line name1 name2 name3 name4 (etc) other lines other lines other lines I want to read in this text file and parse the name1...name4 to a variable. How do I specificially read in these lines and these lines only? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a new file from another file with lines begins with a specific string

Hi, I have a file with below format myfile.txt aa aa1 aa2 qq aa4 ghs aa6 bbc gdf I m looking to create a file where lines begins with aa. myfile1.txt aa aa1 aa2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
4 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)