Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find users using system(List them only once) Post 85148 by Ygor on Monday 3rd of October 2005 12:22:37 AM
Old 10-03-2005
Looks like a homework assignment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris2.6 command to find/list system configuration

Hi. What command can be used to determine the system configuration. For example I want to find out how much CPU, how much memory, what CPU and 233mhz or 400mhz, etc. Please help.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhransu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

3. AIX

Default system users

Hello I have a question I have this users on my aix 5.3 box. This are a default users. lp:*:11:11::/var/spool/lp:/bin/false invscout:*:6:12::/var/adm/invscout:/usr/bin/ksh snapp:*:200:13:snapp login user:/usr/sbin/snapp:/usr/sbin/snappd ipsec:*:201:1::/etc/ipsec:/usr/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?

Hello, i just wanted to know how do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?i mean i used who -T but this gives a list of all users whose terminal is writable or blocked and not writable. So how do i do this?I am new to Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

List of users on an AIX system

Is there a way to generate a list of users with name, user ID, and Security Group? It is urgent for audit purposes. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Find out the System users

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I want to create a file called Allusers that contains the list of currently logged on users and the total number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahm2008
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List system users and..

Hello i need fast help... script which will list only human users from /etc/passwd and find out if they have something in home. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentoscz
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using w; how to list find all the users

Hi, On my system, I have about 75 users. Some uers have two or three sessions on the same systems. when I do w, it shows all the sessions. Is there any way to find only the users and not worry about how many sessions. For example: you can see sshe has four connection. I only want to know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find the list of files with a set of Users

Hello all, I want to find the files for certain users. I cant make the or condition work in this instance. I've tried the code below but it didnt worked. Any input on how to get the list for all files for this users. find . -type f -user abc134 -o -user xyz345 -o bce483 -exec ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
qmail-users(5)                                                  File Formats Manual                                                 qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)