Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Where to get X window Libraries? Post 85139 by byblyk on Sunday 2nd of October 2005 02:29:15 PM
Old 10-02-2005
Thanks guys, i know i needed some kind of devel packages but i was unsure of which i needed, that cleared things up nicley. Thanks and i'm surre i'll get her working in no time now.

Last edited by byblyk; 10-03-2005 at 12:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. Programming

libraries missing in C

some libraries are missing like conio.h and syslib.h how can i have them installed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
PKTTYAGENT(1)							    pkttyagent							     PKTTYAGENT(1)

NAME
pkttyagent - Textual authentication helper SYNOPSIS
pkttyagent [--version] [--help] pkttyagent [--process { pid | pid,pid-start-time } | --system-bus-name busname] [--notify-fd fd] [--fallback] DESCRIPTION
pkttyagent is used to start a textual authentication agent for the subject specified by either --process or --system-bus-name. If neither of these options are given, the parent process is used. To get notified when the authentication agent has been registered either listen to the Changed D-Bus signal or use --notify-fd to pass the number of a file descriptor that has been passed to the program. This file descriptor will then be closed when the authentication agent has been successfully registered. If --fallback is used, the textual authentication agent will not replace an existing authentication agent. RETURN VALUE
If the authentication agent could not be registered, pkttyagent exits with an exit code of 127. Diagnostic messages are printed on standard error. If one or more of the options passed are malformed, pkttyagent exits with an exit code of 126. If stdin is a tty, then this manual page is also shown. If the authentication agent was successfully registered, pkttyagent will keep running, interacting with the user as needed. When its services are no longer needed, the process can be killed. NOTES
Since process identifiers can be recycled, the caller should always use pid,pid-start-time when using the --process option. The value of pid-start-time can be determined by consulting e.g. the proc(5) file system depending on the operating system. If only pid is passed to the --process option, then pkttyagent will look up the start time itself but note that this may be racy. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen davidz@redhat.com with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the polkit-devel mailing list, see the link http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/polkit-devel on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
polkit(8), pkaction(1), pkcheck(1), pkexec(1) polkit May 2009 PKTTYAGENT(1)