Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Where to get X window Libraries? Post 85123 by Corona688 on Sunday 2nd of October 2005 03:11:49 AM
Old 10-02-2005
I'm sure you can get them from Mandrake. Search for Xorg or Xfree86, not sure which Mandrake uses now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. Programming

libraries missing in C

some libraries are missing like conio.h and syslib.h how can i have them installed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
dumpreg(1)							Svgalib User Manual							dumpreg(1)

NAME
dumpreg - dump the state of the card as the svgalib chipset driver sees it. SYNOPSIS
dumpreg dumpreg < /dev/ttyN DESCRIPTION
The chipset drivers of svgalib inquire the mode of the graphic card when the application is started and restore it when the svgalib appli- cation quits. dumpreg prints this information to stdout. This is useful for debugging or adding modes to a device driver. For example you can use Xfree86 to setup a given mode timing, then run dumpreg and use it's stdout to make your chipset driver use exactly this timing. However, the recent change of svgalib to hunt an own free virtual console does not allow this, because it will make Xfree86 return to textmode first. You can avoid this by using the second form where N is the number of the virtual console on which Xfree86 runs (usually 7) as root. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), vga_dumpregs(3), convfont(1), fix132x43(1), restorefont(1), restorepalette(1), restoretextmode(1), runx(1), savetextmode(1), setmclk(1), textmode(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced utility as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 2 Aug 1997 dumpreg(1)