Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Partion Magic problems.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Partion Magic problems. Post 85107 by Syndrome_00 on Saturday 1st of October 2005 06:45:00 PM
Old 10-01-2005
Hiya everyone,

Ok thanks very much, thats cleared up alot of confusing things that were holding me back from partitioning my HD. Cheers again!

Syndrome_00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partion size

hi, just need to know the disk size and the partition size on machine.pls let me know how to do that.is their a way i can get to know the size of directory.like /,/var...etc. thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saood
2 Replies

2. Linux

Doing stuff to files on a NTFS partion from linux

I have a 50GB section of my hard drive on which I've kept all my music, movies and more back from when I had Windows. When I'm in linux it says that the NTFS section is a read only section. Is it possible to copy, rename, add, move or delete any files off of this section? I'm trying to get rid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file? CAn anyone advice. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file? CAn anyone advice. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijlak
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create on partion from 2 disks?

Hi everyone :b: I'm glade to join this forum and I have one question I installed latest Solaris 10 release on SF V480 with 2 73 GB disks 8 GB RAM 4 CPU's My configuration is 10GB for root, 8GB for Swap and 12GB for var. I mirrored root, so disk 1 has 40GB free of space and disk 2 has... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto XP partion restore

At my computer shop where I work, we got alot of used PC's from some place. It's my job to refurbish them for resale. Each computer comes with XP pro. So the boss man asks me if there is a way to put a XP restore option. I say yes if I install Linux on a small partion and use partimage to make a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zewbie
1 Replies

7. Linux

Centos 5 install. Partion order

I can't control the partion order during install. For example i need. hda5 /var 1GB hda6 /opt 2GB I created them in such order but OS adjust them to hda5 /opt 2GB hda6 /var 1GB It is frustrating during install, I pretty sure I can order the partion as i like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic

I want to become an expert @ using sed, but i do not have enough time... Atm I have a repository in my apt/sources.list but it is commented out since i do not want to install packages from it (backtrack repository) except the exploitdb package. I would like make a command, lets say... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redsolja
5 Replies

9. Solaris

unable to boot afer restoring root partion manages by veritas

Hi all, After restoring the / FS on a netra 240. It is unable to boot the system. The message displayed is the following: "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable" Bellow, the content of /etc/vfstab before restoring: #more /etc/vfstab... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faberarnold
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know exactly which physical partion contains data?

/dev/fslv01 5.00 2.90 42% 776 1% /movelv_testfslv01:/movelv_test LP PP1 PV1 PP2 PV2 PP3 PV3 0001 0175 hdisk1 0111 hdisk0 0002 0176 hdisk1 0112 hdisk0 0003 0177 hdisk1 0113 hdisk0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
10 Replies
PPI::Token::Magic(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Magic(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Magic - Tokens representing magic variables INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Magic isa PPI::Token::Symbol isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# When we say magic variables, we mean these... $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $_ $& $` $' $+ @+ %+ $* $. $/ $| $\ $" $; $% $= $- @- %- $) $# $~ $^ $: $? $! %! $@ $$ $< $> $( $0 $[ $] @_ @* $} $, $#+ $#- $^L $^A $^E $^C $^D $^F $^H $^I $^M $^N $^O $^P $^R $^S $^T $^V $^W $^X DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Token::Magic" is a sub-class of PPI::Token::Symbol which identifies the token as "magic variable", one of the strange and unusual variables that are connected to "things" behind the scenes. Some are extremely common, like $_, and others you will quite probably never encounter in your Perl career. METHODS
The class provides no additional methods, beyond those provided by it's PPI::Token::Symbol, PPI::Token and PPI::Element. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Magic(3)