Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh - rm failing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh - rm failing Post 85007 by shihabvk on Friday 30th of September 2005 02:27:28 AM
Old 09-30-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch
If you have to supply full path, that is because the PATH variable does not have the required directories. Try running the following command:
Code:
ssh user@domain echo $PATH

The PATH is set properly
an I am able to execute the same command without absolute path from the server

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch
Another thing, why are you doing an echo and piping the output to xargs, wont just /bin/rm ${DelFiles} do the job as well?
Actually why I did is , the number of arguments to rm will be more.. so it was giving error
so the final command is like this

ssh USer/Pwd@Domain echo ${DelFiles} \| /bin/xargs -n 20 /bin/rm

Shihab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

dd command failing

I am new to HP-UX. I have an 8GB drive that is my root drive, contained in a Volume Group. I would like to clone that drive to another drive, which is 18.4GB. The other drive is not in a volume group. I am using this simple command:# dd if=/dev/dsk/c0t6d0 of=/dev/dsk/c0t5d0The command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emsecrist
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. AIX

failing drive

I posted some errpt output,see Phone Support, that this forum graciously looked at and confirmed what we suspected, that one of our RAID5 disks is failing. I have a replacement, but am having trouble downing the old disk. If I try and run Remove a Disk from smit, it says the device is busy. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef failing sometimes

Hi Everyone, we have a shell script "DLP_recv.sh" that has below command which is supposed to return the number of active instances of itself, which means of there is no other instance then commad would return 1 (for the current instance). The problem is that it sometimes it returns 0 which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guycool
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH public key failing without error message

My password-free ssh connection has worked in the past but has stopped working and I can't get it going again. The files in .ssh on both source and target are set to 600: drwx------ 2 ingres 1024 Mar 2 13:57 . drwxr-xr-x 25 ingres 2048 Mar 29 09:38 .. -rw------- 1 ingres ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
9 Replies

6. AIX

Backupios Failing

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve the below backup (backupios) issue on my VIO. My VIO is a SAN booted from EMC and powerpath has been installed on this. We already run pprootdev fix and linked the /dev/ipldevice to rootvg hdisk. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazar_KA
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Rsync failing

Hi, I am running a rsync command from one server to another server. Source server is having user - bfdeploy and destination user is ftcjbd. Though ftcjbd is owner of /ftc/envs/static/includes/vehicles on destination server, it is still giving error "mkstemp - Permission denied". I am not able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh failing due to Bad owner error

i am logged in with "user1" on host1. I m trying to ssh to host2 using user id "user2" $ ssh user2@host2 Bad owner or permissions on /home/user1/.ssh/config Question 1: Can you please tell me why am i getting the Bad owner permissions error on that directory ? Question 2: Where is it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH is failing due to unknown reason

Hi, I have setup keys between user1@server1 and user2@server2 however, the ssh is failing. server1 is Linux 3.10.0-514.6.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP whereas server2 is 5.10 Generic_150400-40 sun4v sparc sun4v I have checked port 22 to be open and keys to be correct. I also find the permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)