Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming forks, ipc, fifos, update issues... Post 85002 by ravneetd on Friday 30th of September 2005 02:02:20 AM
Old 09-30-2005
This might sound trite, but are you sure there is no arrray index issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

forks....HELP!!! someone anyone?

Hey guys, I'm given this bit of code, but, I'm having some problems executing it with the functions I've defined so far. I'm suppose to define the funtions "parse" and "execute." Parse splits the command in buf into individual arguments. It strips whitespace, replacing those it finds with NULLS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardspence2
3 Replies

2. Programming

Praying for help: FIFOs, IPC

omg i need help so bad. I've been working on a school project for what seems like an eternity and i'm close to deadline. Using FIFO's (i ahve to) to communicate between parent and child proc's. Right now I'm stuck on a read/write. fifomsg is a struct with int length and char message fields. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funktar
5 Replies

3. Linux

A little help understanding FIFOs?

This isn't strictly a Linux question, but... I've been working on a project to archive some streaming media for time shifting using 'mplayer' and have been using FIFOs to archive in Ogg Vorbis format: mkfifo program_name.wav (mplayer -ao pcm -aofile program_name.wav &)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and fifos

How can I make tar read data from a fifo, instead of storing it as a fifo? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question on forks and pipes

I am trying to figure out why when i have the following code int main( { printf("0\n"); fork(); printf("1\n"); exit(0);} and type in the shell a.out | cat the output of this program is 0 1 0 1 instead of 0 1 1 does anyone know? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phantom12345
3 Replies

6. Programming

read from file using forks

i'm tring to make 2 processes each read from the same file but only one of them read the file. FILE * fileptr1; fileptr1 = fopen("file1.txt","rt"); pid2=fork(); while(1) { fscanf(fileptr1,"%s",temp1); if(feof(fileptr1)==0) { printf("%i",getpid()); //id of current process ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddx08
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX domain sockets vs FIFOs

Is there a performance advantage of one of these over the other? Obviously, it makes no sense to use normal TCP sockets or UDP sockets w/ the overhead they carry. But what about UNIX domain sockets vs FIFOs? I'd think they'd be very similar, in terms of performance and in terms of how they're... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgessner
2 Replies

8. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

9. Programming

kill() function problem in client-server ipc message using 2 FIFOs

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 uni-direction FIFO Flow of data FIFO1 stdin--->parent(client) writefd--->FIFO1-->child(server) readfd FIFO2 child(server) writefd2---->FIFO2--->parent(client) readfd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ouou
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issues after update

Hi guys, thanks for your kind assistance. I have a rhel6.4 server. After I did an update, the server does not reboot. Also user logins take for ever. Please any help on this matter will be appreciated . Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
sound-juicer(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   sound-juicer(1)

NAME
sound-juicer - GNOME-desktop CD ripper and player using GStreamer SYNOPSIS
sound-juicer [option...] DESCRIPTION
sound-juicer is a CD ripper and player for GNOME which aims to have a simple, clean, easy to use interface. sound-juicer supports encoding to several popular audio formats such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, additional formats can be added through GStreamer plugins. For additional documentation on interactive use of sound-juicer select the Help menu option. The menus allow access to features not avail- able through command-line options. OPTIONS
-a, --auto-start Start extracting immediately -p, --play Start playing immediately -d, --device=DEVICE What CD device to read --display=DISPLAY X display to use -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gst Show GStreamer Options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-bonobo-activation Show Bonobo Activation options --help-gnome Show GNOME options --help-gnome-session Show session management options --help-gnome-ui Show GNOME GUI options AUTHOR
sound-juicer was written by Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com>. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2006-11-26 sound-juicer(1)