Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED.EXE Bug?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SED.EXE Bug? Post 8487 by madcyril on Friday 12th of October 2001 09:12:22 AM
Old 10-12-2001
SED.EXE Bug?

Hi all,
when using sed to replace a piece of text multiple times in a file something weird happens.If there is no carriage return after the last line in the file it deletes the line. Anyone know why ?

Thanks
Paul

command line :
sed -e "s/System.out.println/\/\/Commented out by us System.out.println/g" d:\sed\source.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.exe file

Hello all, how to run windows .exe file in Linux and vice the versa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed bug in OS X?

I've been playing around with sed for a few days now and find that regular expressions never work inside sed s/// on Mac OS 10.2.5. Has anyone else bumped up against this problem? For example, the "sed" segment of the following always fails no matter how items are escaped: cd... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktoz
12 Replies

3. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

4. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

7. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies
RPL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RPL(1)

NAME
rpl -- replace strings in files SYNOPSIS
rpl [-LhiwbqvsRepfdt] [-xSUFFIX] <old_string> <new_string> <target_file ...> DESCRIPTION
Basic usage is to specify two strings and one or more filenames or directories on the command line. The first string is the string to replace, and the second string is the replacement string. -h, --help A short help text. -L, --license Show the license and exit. -xSUFFIX Search only files ending with SUFFIX, e.g. ``.txt''. May be specified multiple times. -i, --ignore-case Ignore the case of old_string. -w, --whole-words Make old_string match only on word boundaries. -b, --backup Move the original files to filename~ before replacing them. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -s, --dry-run Simulation mode, no files are changed. -R, --recursive Recurse into subdirectories. -e, --escape Expand escape sequences in old_string and new_string. Examples of escape sequences are ' ' (new-line), ' ' (tab), 'x42' (hexadec- imal number 42), '33' (octal number 033). -p, --prompt Prompt for confirmation before replacing each file. -f, --force Ignore errors when trying to restore permissions and file ownership. -d, --keep-times Keep modification times when replacing files. -t, --use-tmpdir Use a temporary directory for storing temporary files, usually the value of the environment variable TMPDIR. The default is to put temporary files in the same directory as the file being modified. -a, --all Do not ignore files and directories starting with . IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
An effort has been made to make the program behave as much as the original rpl as necessary. Where it has been possible to make improve- ments, improvements have been made. This implementation lacks many of the bugs in the original. EXAMPLES
Replace all occurences of ``F'' (on word boundaries) with ``A'' in all text files under the grades/ directory: $ rpl -Rwd -x'.txt' 'F' 'A' grades/ SEE ALSO
find(1), sed(1). HISTORY
This program was written for Debian as a free replacement for the non-free rpl program by Joe Laffey. AUTHORS
Goran Weinholt <weinholt@debian.org>. Debian July 31, 2005 Debian