Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get month last date in unix Post 84869 by vgersh99 on Thursday 29th of September 2005 08:03:36 AM
Old 09-29-2005
Code:
echo $(cal 10 2005) | awk '{print $NF}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set my date in a unix script to 'new month

Hi, I'm a newbie to unix and i'm loving every bit of it. I need assistance in setting my date function in my script to "new month". What I want to do is define the "newmonth" as the 1st of every month so my script can run by this time evry month through the year. Can someone assist. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Agent704
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date month/date

Hi expert, I want to retrieve yesterday su log. How to calculate and assign variable value ( 06/23 ) in myVariable ? #!/bin/sh myVariable=yesterday date in month/date cat /var/adm/sulog | grep $myVariable > file.txt many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

5. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtracting A month from an arbitrary date in UNIX

Hi, Is there a way to subtract a month or at least 30 days from an arbitrary or user inputted date without the GNU date? Example: please Input date: 2011-05-11 then the answer will be 2011-04-11 This code doesn't work: $date -d "2011-05-11 - 1 month" "+%Y%m%d" Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to fetch previous month first date and last date

I am not able to fetch first date and last date previous month date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d I need two format dd-mm-yyy previous month 01-03-2016 previous month 31-03-2016 and also only date 1 to 31 Aprriciate your replay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How bash treats literal date value and retrieve year, month and date?

Hi, I am trying to add few (say 3 days) to sysdate using - date -d '+ 3 days' +%y%m%d and it works as expected. But how to add few (say 3 days) to a literal date value and how bash treats a literal value as a date. Can we say just like in ORACLE TO_DATE that my given literal date value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
2 Replies
Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
Data::Faker::DateTime - Data::Faker plugin SYNOPSIS AND USAGE
See Data::Faker DATA PROVIDERS
unixtime Return a unix time (seconds since the epoch) for a random time between the epoch and now. date Return a random date as a string, using a random date format (see date_format). time Return a random time as a string, using a random time format (see time_format). rfc822 Return an RFC 822 formatted random date. This method may not work on systems using a non-GNU strftime implementation (kindly let me know if that is the case.) ampm Returns am or pm randomly (in the current locale) using one of the formats specified in ampm_format. time_format Return a random time format. date_format Return a random date format. ampm_format Return a random am/pm format. datetime_format Return a random date and time format. month Return a random month name, unabbreviated, in the current locale. month_abbr Return a random month name, abbreviated, in the current locale. weekday Return a random weekday name, unabbreviated, in the current locale. weekday_abbr Return a random weekday name, abbreviated, in the current locale. sqldate Return a random date in the ISO8601 format commonly used by SQL servers (YYYY-MM-DD). datetime_locale Return a datetime string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. date_locale Return a date string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. time_locale Return a time string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. century Return a random century number. dayofmonth Return a random day of the month. UTILITY METHODS
Data::Faker::DateTime::timestr($format); Given a strftime format specifier, this method passes it through to POSIX::strftime along with a random date to display in that format. Perl passes this through to the strftime function of your system library, so it is possible that some of the formatting tokens used here will not work on your system. NOTES AND CAVEATS
Be careful build timestamps from pieces Be very careful about building date/time representations in formats that are not already listed here. For example if you wanted to get a date that consists of just the month and day, you should NOT do this: my $faker = Data::Faker->new(); print join(' ',$faker->month,$faker->dayofmonth)." "; This is bad because you might end up with 'February 31' for example. Instead you should use the timestr utility function to provide you a formatted time for a valid date, or better still, write a plugin function that does it: my $faker = Data::Faker->new(); print $faker->my_short_date()." "; package Data::Faker::MyExtras; use base qw(Data::Faker); use Data::Faker::DateTime; __PACKAGE__->register_plugin( my_short_date => sub { Data::Faker::DateTime::timestr('%M %e') }, ); POSIX::strftime See the documentation above regarding the timestr utility method for some caveats related to strftime and your system library. SEE ALSO
Data::Faker AUTHOR
Jason Kohles, <email@jasonkohles.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2005 by Jason Kohles This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)