Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can I find the filesystem block size? Post 84854 by progressdll on Thursday 29th of September 2005 05:18:25 AM
Old 09-29-2005
How can I find the filesystem block size?

How can I find the filesystem block size in AIX?

I need to check if it is the same as my DB block size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Increasing the FileSystem Size

Hi Everybody, I have AIX 4.3 and I have a FileSystem with 400GB size, which called /db/run. Because of grow up of the application's data, more storage has been added 200GB. To add this space without affecting the application & the application's requirements, I have to add this 200GB to the existed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find default OS block size?

Hi Can someone please guide me on how to get the default block size for all unix flavors. As per my investigation its 512 for all unix flavours other than HP for which it is 1024.However I am not sure on this. I even tried the df ommand but utt gives the output w.r.t file system created but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

4. AIX

filesystem size

i am new in the field 3months to be precise. how do i come up with size, i want to change for the filesystem? assuming there is enough space on the volume group. do i just assign any value? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeman
5 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

block group size of a filesystem

How can I determine the block group size of my filesystem, in case I would like to determine where my backup superblocks are? Or how can I determine the location of my backup superblock? If usually, for the block group size of 1k, the alternate superblock will be at block 8193. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing some size for filesystem

Hi All, Currently for filesystem /usr/sap/ccms we have allocated 50 GB of size and its mounted. Is there any procedure to remove 10 GB from it without disturbing data and allocate that 10 GB to another file system say /usr/sap/sapdata1. Thanks, Rohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohanxyz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find block size of ocfs2 file system

please some one help me to find the block size of ocfs2 file system in rehat linux 4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies
xfs_rtcp(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       xfs_rtcp(8)

NAME
xfs_rtcp - XFS realtime copy command SYNOPSIS
xfs_rtcp [ -e extsize ] [ -p ] source ... target DESCRIPTION
xfs_rtcp copies a file to the realtime partition on an XFS filesystem. If there is more than one source and target, the final argument (the target) must be a directory which already exists. OPTIONS
-e extsize Sets the extent size of the destination realtime file. -p Use if the size of the source file is not an even multiple of the block size of the destination filesystem. When -p is specified xfs_rtcp will pad the destination file to a size which is an even multiple of the filesystem block size. This is necessary since the realtime file is created using direct I/O and the minimum I/O is the filesystem block size. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8). CAVEATS
Currently, realtime partitions are not supported under the Linux version of XFS, and use of a realtime partition WILL CAUSE CORRUPTION on the data partition. As such, this command is made available for curious DEVELOPERS ONLY at this point in time. xfs_rtcp(8)