Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retriving a value from a variable Post 84767 by afadaghi on Wednesday 28th of September 2005 01:01:35 PM
Old 09-28-2005
Thanks a lot Perderabo. You've been great help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Error While retriving Host details from Nagios

Whoops! Error: Could not read object configuration data! Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error: 1. Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors. 2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manian_balu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split variable length and variable format CSV file

Dear all, I have basic knowledge of Unix script and her I am trying to process variable length and variable format CSV file. The file length will depend on the numbers of Earnings/Deductions/Direct Deposits. And The format will depend on whether it is Earnings/Deductions or Direct Deposits... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chechun
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retriving the first line of data from the listing

Hi All, I have a problem of retrieving the first line of data from the listing i got back from this command : ls -l * | awk '{print $9}' | awk -F. '{print $3}' | sort -g the files names are in the folder are like month.dat.201010210400 day.dat.201010210401 year.dat.201010210402 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmuns
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
disktab(5)							File Formats Manual							disktab(5)

Name
       disktab - disk description file

Syntax
       #include <disktab.h>

Description
       The file is a simple data base that describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics.  The format is patterned after the termi-
       nal data base.  Entries in consist of a number of fields separated by colons (:).  The first entry for each disk gives the names  that  are
       known for the disk, separated by vertical bars (|).  The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk.

The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry:
       Name Type Description
       ns   num  Number of sectors per track
       nt   num  Number of tracks per cylinder
       nc   num  Total number of cylinders on the disk
       ba   num  Block size for partition `a' (bytes)
       bd   num  Block size for partition `d' (bytes)
       be   num  Block size for partition `e' (bytes)
       bf   num  Block size for partition `f' (bytes)
       bg   num  Block size for partition `g' (bytes)
       bh   num  Block size for partition `h' (bytes)
       fa   num  Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes)
       fd   num  Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes)
       fe   num  Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes)
       ff   num  Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes)
       fg   num  Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes)
       fh   num  Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes)
       pa   num  Size of partition `a' in sectors
       pb   num  Size of partition `b' in sectors
       pc   num  Size of partition `c' in sectors
       pd   num  Size of partition `d' in sectors
       pe   num  Size of partition `e' in sectors
       pf   num  Size of partition `f' in sectors
       pg   num  Size of partition `g' in sectors
       ph   num  Size of partition `h' in sectors
       se   num  Sector size in bytes
       ty   str  Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester)

The entries can be automatically generated with the program.

Files
See Also
       chpt(8), newfs(8)

disktab(5)