Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 65 thousand dollar question
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? 65 thousand dollar question Post 84754 by Neo on Wednesday 28th of September 2005 11:51:05 AM
Old 09-28-2005
Large corporations need a "safety valve" for operations liability. If they purchase expensive servers with full support by large companies, and production operations fail, they can blame, or "turn to", the platform provider, who was under contract to provide hardware, software, and service. If they use "cheap free UNIX" and there is a failure, corporations have no "scapegoat" to point to. This is standard, risk management operations, in large organizations.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing thousand of carriage returns using sed

I need to replace thousands of carriage returns/line breaks in a large xml file and with spaces. I hope to do so with a script, called, for example, "removeCRs." I would invoke this at the command line as ml5003$ sed -f /Users/ml5003/removeCRs oldFile > newFile The script, I presume, would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ml5003
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting thousand of permissions

Hi, I would like to ask if someone could help me to shorten this process. If example i will have a thousand files and i want to get there permisions. pls help. $ sh researcher2.sh rm /home/aris/logs/logna rm a12 for i in `aclget /usr/bin/uname` do grep -e $i ownership | awk '{print $1}'... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate several thousand files in unix

Hello, I would like to concatenate several thousand files (~40,000) into 1. I cannot do it with cat *.extension - it gives me an error that there are too many arguments. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gussi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
6 Replies
ncp(7D) 																   ncp(7D)

NAME
ncp - Niagara crypto provider device driver The ncp device driver is a multi-threaded, loadable hardware driver supporting hardware assisted acceleration of RSA and DSA cryptographic operations. This support is built into the Niagara CMT processor. The ncp driver requires the presence of the Solaris Cryptographic Framework to enable applications and kernel clients to access the pro- vided services. CONFIGURATION
You configure the ncp driver by defining properties in /platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/ncp.conf which override the default settings. The fol- lowing property is supported: nostats Disables the generation of statistics. The nostats property may be used to help prevent traffic analysis, but this may inhibit support personnel. NETWORK STATISTICS
Solaris network drivers must implement statistics variables. The ncp driver maintains the following statistics: mauXqfull Number of times the queue for MAU X was found full when attempting to submit jobs. mauXupdate_failure Number of submit job failures on MAU X. mauXsubmit Number of jobs submitted to MAU X since driver load (boot). rsapublic Total number of jobs submitted to the device for RSA public key operations. rsaprivate Total number of jobs submitted to the device for RSA private key operations. dsasign Total number of jobs submitted to the device for DSA signing. dsaverify Total number of jobs submitted to the device for DSA verification. Additional statistics may be supplied for Sun support personnel, but are not useful to Solaris users and are not doc- umented in this manpage. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcakr.v | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ncp 64-bit ELF kernel driver. /platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/ncp.conf Configuration file. cryptoadm(1M), kstat(1M), prtconf(1M), attributes(5) Solaris Cryptographic Framework -- Solaris Software Developer Collection Solaris Security for Developer's Guide -- Solaris Software Developer Collection 14 Mar 2005 ncp(7D)