Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP within a UNIX script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP within a UNIX script Post 84558 by mmarsh on Tuesday 27th of September 2005 06:29:53 AM
Old 09-27-2005
Thanks, will do !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script in Unix shell script

Hello , I am trying to make a shell script (Unix) for a ftp connection to another server and to get a file. So I have no knowledge about ftp and my script must do automaticly the connection with the user and passwd. Can you help us about that... Christian... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP on Reliant UNIX - script problem

Hello... I have script that works perfect on solaris but on Reliant UNIX sometimes it does not work ...I send files to my Xp(from Reliant UNIX) but if I try to send it to my solaris machine file can not be send... script is: #!/bin/ksh localFile=$1 remoteFile=$2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script (sh): state of ftp process

Hi guys, I'm writing a script in which I have to get file from a remote host by ftp. The problem is that the remote machine could be very slow, not connected or ok. To resolve this problem, I write this: echo "verbose on" > ftprap.cmd echo "prompt " >> ftprap.cmd echo "ascii"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egiz81
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on FTP download using UNIX script

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and on UNIX. Can somebody help in writing a script to download a file from an FTP server and validating if there is a file to download. If there is a file, I would send it to a mail recipient and if not I would generate an error log. Thanks in advance!:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjay_45
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX FTP script help

How do we write a simple FTP script where we write all the commands like open, user, pwd, get, etc written to a command file and then executing the command file with FTP utility? Thank you. Kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)