Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switch
Top Forums Programming Switch Post 84483 by vino on Monday 26th of September 2005 01:25:50 AM
Old 09-26-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by abey
using switch can we match for more than one values..

eg:

switcha(a)
{
case 1, 2, 3: printf("ddd");
break;
case 4, 5, 6: printf("mmm");
break;
}

In this case wat i found was only for the last value, i.e 3 and 6 the switch works.

I'd greateful if someone can help me in solving this out(using switch or any other alternative).

abey
Code:
{
case 1:
case 2:
case 3: printf("ddd"); break ;
case 4:
case 5:
case 6: printf("mmm"); break ;
}

This should work.

vino

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you switch

hi, i am try to run following script in c-shell, using switch command. #!/bin/csh choice=0 while do echo "system monitor" echo " 1) system paging 2) system file inf. 3) system disk inf. 9) exit " echo "select an option: \c" read choice case $choice in 1)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer45
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with more then one switch

Hi, have managed to code a script that has a simple menu so for instance if I run: this will call a help function that displays the programs help, I have coded this in using a case statement so if: case is h) call the help function The problem is I don't know how to code in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Del33t
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

switch login

Hi, How can I switch from one login to another login in UNIX. su command is disabled in my environment. Is there any alternate way to login. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch + stirng

Hi, This script receive in input 2 parameters, the use $2 in this way: switch ($2) case r: p=r-- echo $2 ok breaksw case rw: p=rw- echo $2 ok breaksw case rwx: p=rwx echo $2 ok breaksw default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing switch

Hello Community! Anyone knows how can I access the switch for monitoring the traffic on my LAN? The switch is a Linksys sr2024 Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for cp with -p switch

Guys, I need to copy files from source to destination with datetime preserved I did it with cp -p <source>/file <destinaltion>/file But when I do stat command on copied file , it seems the copied file has "change time" modified. Please guide me in understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar with -T switch

Howdy, I'm trying to tar a bunch of files into their own individual tar archives. In other words i have files a.txt thru z.txt and i want to create a.tar thru z.tar in the same folder. I've been using -T to read in the list of files to be archived but i can't get it to work. I think my problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Switch to su

Hi, I've put the correct root password but why do I get this below? huamin@SOL11I:~$ su Password: su: Sorry huamin@SOL11I:~$ Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
16 Replies
getsubopt(3C)															     getsubopt(3C)

NAME
getsubopt() - parse suboptions from a string. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
parses suboptions in a flag argument that were initially parsed by (see getopt(3C)). These suboptions are separated by commas, and may consist of either a single token, or a token-value pair separated by an equal sign. Because commas delimit suboptions in the option string, they are not allowed to be part of the suboption or the value of a suboption. Similarly, because the equal sign separates a token from its value, a token must not contain an equals sign. An example command that uses this syntax is allows parameters to be specified with the switch as follows: In this example there are four suboptions: and the last of which has an associated value of 1024. takes the address of a pointer to the option string, a vector of possible tokens, and the address of a value string pointer. It returns the index of the token that matched the suboption in the input string or -1 if there was no match. If the option string at contains only one suboption, updates to point to the null at the end of the string, otherwise it isolates the suboption by replacing the comma separator with a null, and updates to point to the start of the next suboption. If the suboption has an associated value, updates to point to the value of the first character. Otherwise it sets to NULL. The token vector is organized as a series of pointers to NULL-terminated strings. The end of the token vector is identified by NULL. When returns, if is not NULL then the suboption processed included a value. The calling program can use this information to determine if the presence or lack of a value for this suboption is an error. Additionally, when fails to match the suboption with the tokens in the tokens array, the calling program should decide if this is an error, or if the unrecognized option should be passed on to another program. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Locale The category determines the interpretation of option letters as single and/or multi-byte characters. International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported with the exception of multi-byte-character file names. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment shows how options can be processed to the command by using char *myopts[] = { #define READONLY 0 "ro", #define READWRITE 1 "rw", #define WRITESIZE 2 "wsize", #define READSIZE 3 "rsize", NULL}; main (int argc, char **argv) { int sc, c, errflag; char *options, *value; extern char *optarg; extern int optind; . . . while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "abf:o:")) != EOF) switch (c) { case 'a': /* process 'a' option */ break; case 'b': /* process 'b' option */ break; case 'f': ofile = optarg; break; case '?': errflag++; break; case 'o': options = optarg; while (*options != '') { switch(getsubopt(&options, myopts, &value)) { case READONLY: /* process ro option */ break; case READWRITE: /* process rw option */ break; case WRITESIZE: /* process wsize option */ if (value == NULL) { error_no_arg(); errflag++; } else write_size = atoi(value); break; case READSIZE: /* process rsize option */ if (value == NULL) { error_no_arg(); errflag++; } else read_size = atoi(value); break; default: /* process unknown token */ error_bad_token(value); errflag++; break; } } break; } } if (errflg) { fprintf(stderr, "usage: . . . "); exit(2); } for ( ; optind < argc; optind++) { /* process remaining arguments */ . . . } SEE ALSO
getopt(3C), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
getsubopt(3C)