Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use function fork() in Windows NT Post 8445 by danieljorge on Thursday 11th of October 2001 02:27:29 PM
Old 10-11-2001
Question how to use function fork() in Windows NT

Hello,

I need to make a gateway from Ethernet to RS-485. I am using stream socket, and I am programming in windows nt. I would like to know how could I use some functions from unix in windows nt. I would like to use the function fork(). Which library it uses and how can I get it? Can I substitute fork using CreateThread, or do I need to CreateProcess.

PS:I have to make a server that gets the data from ethernet port and write to Serial port. My server has to accept a lot of connection.

Please, could you help me.

Regards

Paulapaula

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Endless loop - Fork function failed?

I need a quick script that will serve as a sort of "real time monitor" for watching some log files. I am using Bourne shell in HP-UX 10.20. I have basically created a script that never ends, unless of course I manually terminate it. Here's the script (it's called qhistory): clear echo "REAL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fork function

hi everyone, have this little piece of code in order to help you understand my question #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { int i, pid; pid = fork(); if(pid<0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork failed\n"); _exit(1); } if(pid==0) { printf("in Child\n");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with fork() on windows

Here is my sample perl program. my $pid = fork(); if(! $pid ) { exec("perl sleep.pl 600"); } else { print "PID ==== \n"; sleep 30; print "killing the PID in 20 seconds\n"; sleep 20; kill 9, $pid; print "Done ....\n"; } The PID returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies

5. AIX

Fork Function Failed on 4GB ?

Hello, I am running Oracle Database and after a while I keep getting this message whenever I execute any command. I cannot execute any command even shutdown, whenever I execute any command , I get this message /usr/bin/ksh: 0403-031 The fork function failed. There is not enough memory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
wnn_serverdefs(4)						   File Formats 						 wnn_serverdefs(4)

NAME
wnn_serverdefs - Wnn6 Kana-Kanji conversion server connection parameter configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/lib/locale/ja/wnn/serverdefs DESCRIPTION
serverdefs configures the connection between clients and the Wnn6 Kana-Kanji conversion server. The Wnn6 library refers to this file to connect the conversion server. Lines beginning with semicolons (;) are comments. SYNTAX <LANG_name> <server_host_name> <UNIX_DOMAIN_socket_name> <service_name> <port_number> <environment_variable_name> <LANG_name> Specifies the language. xjsi and uum refers the line containing "ja". <server_host_name> Specifies the host name of the conversion server. <UNIX_DOMAIN_socket_nameSpecifies the socket's terminal to use if connection is made to a unix domain socket. <service_name> Specifies the name of the tcp service to use if connection is made to an inet domain socket. <port_number> Specifies the tcp port number to use if connection is made to an inet domain socket. If the service name is not found, this port number will be used. This port number may be omitted. <environmental_variable_Specifies the environment variable name set to the host name of the conversion server. EXAMPLES
Example 1: ja jserver /tmp/jd_sockV6 wnn6 22273 JSERVER SEE ALSO
uum(1), xjsi(1), jserver(1M) SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 wnn_serverdefs(4)