Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTML form to cgi help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML form to cgi help Post 84408 by 98_1LE on Friday 23rd of September 2005 08:48:14 PM
Old 09-23-2005
If I put GET in the form for the method, it works by setting QUERY_STRING to the values, but I cannot use a lot of values.

If I change it to POST, I cannot find the values. I understand POST works better for large numbers of values as it does not put them in the URL, but the values do not get passed as environment variables (I put env in the cgi).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML-CGI on Unix

AAAHHH!! I've made a perl program that you can run on a web browser. This program needs to be run everyday, and I don't want to have to run it everyday. The problem is when I try running the program from my terminal, all it does is print stuff to the terminal page (the program involves a lot of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing FORM(HTML) variable to ksh

I am currently able to use the $QUERY_STRING variable and simply cut out what I need to be assigned as variables within the shell script. However, I've been able to use the "name" value assigned within the FORM(HTML) as a variable when I use perl. Why is it that ksh doesn't read the "name" in as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

html - df -k cgi script

Hey - I am new to cgi scripting... just writing a script to output df -k output to html page... but I cannot get the df lines on separate lines on the page, it all comes out on one line and is not very readable.. any suggestions? My script is below - please keep in mind I am only new to it so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl cgi form action target

Hello All, I was trying to come up with a form using perl cgi. I then created a frame to show the output of the form. Refer below print $display_form->start_form(-title=>"Updateuser", -style => 'font-size: 9pt; color: #202020 ; font-family: Verdana', action=>"${DOCROOT}updateUser.pl",... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to echo a html file

Hi, I'm learning some simple cgi scripting. I can make a script like this, so my browser shows "Hello World" /www/cgi-bin/name.sh --- #!/bin/sh MyName=World echo "<html> Hello $MyName </html>" --- What I'd like is to have a separate html and script files in the cgi folder so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Performer
1 Replies

6. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

7. Solaris

man pages in html form

Hi I would like to convert standard online man pages from my solaris10 system into html form to publish it on my webpage. How this can be done in Sol10 ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass argument to html upload form

I am using an html form and a php upload script to upload files. HTML form <table width="500" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <tr> <form action="upload_ac.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1" id="form1"> <td> <table... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cgi to dump xml data from form input field

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which takes parse the web form find the input field and dump the data of that field into one xml file. The form looks like, <input type="button" id="btnSave" value="Save" onclick="saveXmlData()"/> <form name="submitForm"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command through html+cgi in bash

Hi everyone, I want to kill process through the web, so I create html page with single bottom that run kill command in shell script with CGI. Here is html code: <td><form METHOD="GET" action="http://IP:port/cgi_bin/script.cgi" > <input type="submit" value= "Submit" > <INPUT name="q"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
7 Replies
Web::Simple::Application(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Web::Simple::Application(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Application - A base class for your Web-Simple application DESCRIPTION
This is a base class for your Web::Simple application. You probably don't need to construct this class yourself, since Web::Simple does the 'heavy lifting' for you in that regards. METHODS
This class exposes the following public methods. default_config Merges with the "config" initializer to provide configuration information for your application. For example: sub default_config { ( title => 'Bloggery', posts_dir => $FindBin::Bin.'/posts', ); } Now, the "config" attribute of $self will be set to a HashRef containing keys 'title' and 'posts_dir'. The keys from default_config are merged into any config supplied, so if you construct your application like: MyWebSimpleApp::Web->new( config => { title => 'Spoon', environment => 'dev' } ) then "config" will contain: { title => 'Spoon', posts_dir => '/path/to/myapp/posts', environment => 'dev' } run_if_script The run_if_script method is designed to be used at the end of the script or .pm file where your application class is defined - for example: ## my_web_simple_app.pl #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world!' ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; This returns a true value, so your file is now valid as a module - so require 'my_web_simple_app.pl'; my $hw = HelloWorld->new; will work fine (and you can rename it to lib/HelloWorld.pm later to make it a real use-able module). However, it detects if it's being run as a script (via testing $0) and if so attempts to do the right thing. If run under a CGI environment, your application will execute as a CGI. If run under a FastCGI environment, your application will execute as a FastCGI process (this works both for dynamic shared-hosting-style FastCGI and for apache FastCgiServer style setups). If run from the commandline with a URL path, it runs a GET request against that path - $ perl -Ilib examples/hello-world/hello-world.cgi / 200 OK Content-Type: text/plain Hello world! You can also provide a method name - $ perl -Ilib examples/hello-world/hello-world.cgi POST / 405 Method Not Allowed Content-Type: text/plain Method not allowed For a POST or PUT request, pairs on the command line will be treated as form variables. For any request, pairs on the command line ending in : are treated as headers, and 'Content:' will set the request body - $ ./myapp POST / Accept: text/html form_field_name form_field_value $ ./myapp POST / Content-Type: text/json Content: '{ "json": "here" }' The body of the response is sent to STDOUT and the headers to STDERR, so $ ./myapp GET / >index.html will generally do the right thing. Additionally, you can treat the file as though it were a standard PSGI application file (*.psgi). For example you can start up up with "plackup" plackup my_web_simple_app.pl or "starman" starman my_web_simple_app.pl to_psgi_app This method is called by "run_if_script" to create the PSGI app coderef for use via Plack and plackup. If you want to globally add middleware, you can override this method: use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; use Plack::Builder; { package HelloWorld; around 'to_psgi_app', sub { my ($orig, $self) = (shift, shift); my $app = $self->$orig(@_); builder { enable ...; ## whatever middleware you want $app; }; }; } This method can also be used to mount a Web::Simple application within a separate "*.psgi" file - use strictures 1; use Plack::Builder; use WSApp; use AnotherWSApp; builder { mount '/' => WSApp->to_psgi_app; mount '/another' => AnotherWSApp->to_psgi_app; }; This method can be called as a class method, in which case it implicitly calls ->new, or as an object method ... in which case it doesn't. run Used for running your application under stand-alone CGI and FCGI modes. I should document this more extensively but run_if_script will call it when you need it, so don't worry about it too much. run_test_request my $res = $app->run_test_request(GET => '/' => %headers); my $res = $app->run_test_request(POST => '/' => %headers_or_form); my $res = $app->run_test_request($http_request); Accepts either an HTTP::Request object or ($method, $path) and runs that request against the application, returning an HTTP::Response object. If the HTTP method is POST or PUT, then a series of pairs can be passed after this to create a form style message body. If you need to test an upload, then create an HTTP::Request object by hand or use the "POST" subroutine provided by HTTP::Request::Common. If pairs are passed where the key ends in :, it is instead treated as a headers, so: my $res = $app->run_test_request( POST => '/', 'Accept:' => 'text/html', some_form_key => 'value' ); will do what you expect. You can also pass a special key of Content: to set the request body: my $res = $app->run_test_request( POST => '/', 'Content-Type:' => 'text/json', 'Content:' => '{ "json": "here" }', ); AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Web::Simple::Application(3pm)