Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: COBOL on linux?!
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo COBOL on linux?! Post 84231 by HSN on Friday 23rd of September 2005 12:53:03 AM
Old 09-23-2005
Question COBOL on linux?!

Hello guys,

I'm searching for a good COBOL compiler which runs on linux. In fact I have found one but I'm really lost with its installation!! I don't know how to install it and how it works. In fact I'm not so good in linux and I always have problems with installation, but this time it's impossible for me to install this software.
The compiler is COBOL for gcc, the documentation is here:

http://cobolforgcc.sourceforge.net/cobol_toc.html

Could anyone help me with installing this or recommend me some other COBOL compilers?
Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobol On Unix

Hi , Could anyone please tell me about the whole procedure for compiling, linking the cobol program on unix platform. As i am mainframe guy and very new to unix, any help will be very appriciated, Regards, -Vinit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit_cyberguy
2 Replies

2. Solaris

COBOL issue

Hi, I am working on a Mainframe to UNIX replatforming project. we are facing problems with COBOL COMP-3 fields. We are using the Mainframe emulator software to download the data which has COMP-3 fields and using it as input to the same COBOL programs which were copied from Mainframe and did the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaprakash T
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rm-cobol 85

Does anyone use the following Cobol compiler: RM/COBOL-85 Compiler - Version 5.15.00 for SCO Unix 386. I am looking for a file that might be part of the distribution named "osmain.o" Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

4. Programming

cobol programme

I have some compile programme .crn now I want to run .crn programme on express cobol which allow only *.gnt programme any solution to run *.crn programme (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
0 Replies

5. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

7. SCO

cobol installation

Dear All, while installing mfcobol in sco open unix 5 in piv m/cs, when run #sh ./install this error massage is comming load error file lmfnewdb error code 198 pc=0 call=-1 seg=0 198 load failor chmod warrning can not acess /opt/lib/mflmf/mflmfdb no such file or directory (error-2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

8. Linux

Cobol on Linux

Hello, I have got a specific requirement of running a COBOL code on EL5. Not sure if GCC includes the compiler for COBOL. Currently what I can think of installing openCOBOL in EL5 server and hand it over to developers. From what I think need to do is, compile COBOL code using openCOBOL ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravkamdar
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Install cobol compiler

Hi I dont have a cobol compiler in my redhhat linux box, and so I want to install it. When i try the below command sudo apt-get install open-cobol it tells "apt-get : command not found". I tried to find apt-get under my root, could not find it anywhere. Should we install apt-get also?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx_freak
4 Replies

10. Programming

cobol compiler for suse

hi could you please suggest me any cobol compiler for suse linux. any help would me much appreciated .. -- thanks rakesh kumar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)