Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync back?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rsync back? Post 84203 by Perderabo on Thursday 22nd of September 2005 03:43:53 PM
Old 09-22-2005
It depends on the other arguments which you did not give. If you are syncing /home/kannanpg/ and you want to exclude /home/kannanpg/mscdr/src/ex1, then you use /mscdr/src/ex1 as the argument to --exclude.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to back up with rsync

I'm trying to write a script to back up with rsync, the script I am posting below: nomServer="shiva horus isis" dirshiva="/etc /faturamento" shivaListExc="/usr/local/bin/shivaListExclRsync" dumpDir="$dumpFile/Shiva" dateBkp=`date +%A` for nServer in ${nomServer} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmoreti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

hi there I wonder if some-one can help. I am trying to use rsync on my mac to transfer a folder to a remote machine. I have logged into rysnc on my mac no problem and I'm trying to execute this command: rsync -a -e ssh /Users/myname/myfolder/sourcefolder/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: volterony
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

Am I correct in assuming that the following command: rsync -a /a /b does not make any changes on /a if there are files on /b that are newer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

6. SuSE

rsync

I'm trying to use rsync to sync some data from my windows laptop to my linux openSUSE home sytem using cwRsync. The process has always worked until I got a new laptop and more or less at the same time decided to rebuild my linux box. on linux rsync --version rsync version 3.0.7 protocol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giessenw
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Rsync for back up, external HD

Hello all! I am quite unsure with all options of rsync. Here my backup configuration: I am on Mac X (10.8) and want an exact copy of my HD to an external HD. I formatted the new USB drive with Mac OS extended (Journaled, Encrypted) and made in my shell the following command and got the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marek
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
PYEVOLVE-GRAPH(1)						  PYEVOLVE-GRAPH						 PYEVOLVE-GRAPH(1)

NAME
pyevolve-graph - graphical plotting tool for Pyevolve SYNOPSIS
pyevolve-graph [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pyevolve-graph command, a graphical plotting tool for programs based on Pyevolve. To use this pro- gram, you must have python-matplotlib and python-sqlite installed. GENERAL OPTIONS
Pyevolve-pygraph supports the following options: -h, --help show a brief summary of available options and exit -f FILENAME, --file=FILENAME Database file to read from. default is ./pyevolve.db. -i IDENTIFY, --identify=IDENTIFY The identify of evolution. -o OUTFILE, --outfile=OUTFILE Write the graph image to a file. Don't specify an extension, just the filename. The file will be written in PNG format by default, but this can be changed using the --extension or -e options. -e EXTENSION, --extension=EXTENSION Graph image file format. Supported options (formats) are all those supported by python-matplotlib. Currently, these should be: EMF, EPS, PDF, PNG, PS, RAW, RGBA, SVG, SVGZ. Default is PNG. -g GENRANGE, --genrange=GENRANGE This is the generation range of the graph. For example, 1:30 would denote an interval between 1 and 30. -c COLORMAP, --colormap=COLORMAP Sets the Color Map for the graph types -8 and -9. Some options are: summer, bone, gray, hot, jet, cooper, spectral. The default is jet. -m,--minimize Sets the 'Minimize' mode. Default is the Maximize mode. This option makes sense if you are minimizing your evaluation function. -0 Write all standard graphs to file. Equivalent to specifying -1 -2 -3 -4 -5. -1 Error bars graph (raw scores). -2 Error bars graph (fitness scores). -3 Max/min/avg/std. dev. graph (raw scores). -4 Max/min/avg graph (fitness scores). -5 Raw and Fitness min/max difference graph. -6 Compare best raw score of two or more evolutions. You must specify the identify as a comma-separated list with the --identify or -i options. The maximum is 6 items. -7 Compare best fitness score of two or more evolutions. You must specify the identify as a comma-separated list with the --identify or -i options. The maximum is 6 items. -8 Show a heat map of population raw score distribution between generations. -9 Show a heat map of population fitness score distribution between generations. EXAMPLES
The following are some examples on how to use pyevolve-graph: 1. Output a graph for identify 'ex1' in PNG format (default) to file 'graph_ex1.png': pyevolve-graph -i ex1 -1 -o graph_ex1 2. Output a graph for identify 'ex1' to the PDF file 'graph_ex1.pdf': pyevolve-graph -i ex1 -1 -o graph_ex1 -e pdf 3. This command will plot the evolution of the generations between 10 and 20: pyevolve-graph -i ex1 -1 -g 10:20 4. Use -m to indicate that you have minimized the evaulation function: pyevolve_graph.py -i ex1 -1 -m 5. Specify an identify list for the comparison output options -6 and -7: pyevolve_graph.py -i ex1_run1,ex1_run2,ex1_run3 -6 Fore more examples on how to use pyevolve-graph, including sample images, users are recommended to install the python-pyevolve-doc package. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-pyevolve/examples Contains many examples. AUTHOR
pyevolve-graph was written by Christian S. Perone <christian.perone@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). pyevolve_graph 2010-05-10 PYEVOLVE-GRAPH(1)