Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux installation
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu linux installation Post 84198 by yogesh_powar on Thursday 22nd of September 2005 01:48:17 PM
Old 09-22-2005
but how to setup x

How to setup x .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

2. Linux

linux and windows installation

Hi every one, I just downloaded linux iso to my pc then burn them . I have a space in my hard drive that is no partitioned yet . I would like to add linux and have the ability to choose witch boot option I need . The problem is that I READ the linux / window dual boot .but it looks like it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to do a silent installation on linux

Hi, I am trying to do a silent installation of a JDk on a linux machine. Can anyone give me a command that would do it for me. Thanx Sundeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Linux Installation issue

Hi All, I had installed Red HAt Linux on Virtual PC. I completed installation and then 1 pop up asks for removing CD from drive and rebooting the system. I had done same. But afetr reboot nothing is displayed on the screen. What is the actual problem???? Kindly provide me the solution .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

odbc installation on linux.

HI All, I am trying to install odbc driver for mysql on linux red hat. when I try to install it using rpm then i get dependency error and when I try to find that dependent package then I am unable to find it on web. can you plz help me how can I install it. Thanks. # rpm -ivh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

8. Linux

Linux Installation problem

Masters, I really need help here.... I had to format my system so my installed Linux goes away.. Now I am trying to fresh installation, but stuck at one point, did RND for 2-3 days but no luck, hence posting here.... I am stuck on the "installation method" step..As I am trying to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux driver installation and so on.

I find Linux drivers to be the most elusive topic that there is and have enough questions about them that could fill a guide or tutorial if there was one. From what I can gather drivers are installed by one of three ways. 1- Recompile the kernel to include a driver that is included in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)