Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: empty line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting empty line Post 84122 by YoYo on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 11:14:56 PM
Old 09-22-2005
excellent.

You r my hero.

many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does '$$' means an empty line in agrep -d '$$'

Hi all, Why does '$$' means an empty line in agrep -d '$$'. I did not know that '$$' can be seen as an empty line in regular expression. So did I miss something here ? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto add line as a first line into a non empty file

Hi Trying to do like this : echo "$variable1\n $(cat file.txt)" but it only adds one time. When I run this cmd again with different variable it only replaces line of variable1. How to add constantly line into first line in file ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding New empty line in a file

Hi, I am new to Sed /awk commands. using that i want to add new empty line after every line in a file by leaving first three lines. So, can any one help me out how to achieve this. Example: --------- Input Filename: file1.txt Input Data: --------Report-------- Date:20-10-03... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Erase a line is a row is empty?

Hi! i've been reading you guys for some time, now there is something I couldn't find here, I'm trying to purge some data for my thesis but my measurements have some gaps in the third columns. The solution is simple, -Erase those lines where the third column is empty ¿How? example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AriasFco
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove empty line and the next one

Hi all, I'm trying to remove when this condition is met: an empty and the next one I'm using this command: sed '/^$/N; s/&//' file Which searches for an empty line, N attaches it to the next line, and substituing the combination with nothing.... but it is not working. What I'm missing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meuser
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

8. Programming

[SOLVED] C++ print next line until line.empty

Hi, could you please help with the following: I have an input file like: one two three four five six I want to print the lines starting from 'three' to the empty line. Something like that: if ( line == "three" ) { while ( !line.empty() ) { cout <<... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove empty line.?

Hi gurus, I have a script which works fine. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/239347-how-pass-string-into-sql-query.html while read p do && para="'${p}'" || para="${para},'${p}'" done < filePlease use code tags as required by forum rules! a few days... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)