Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users DBsurvey syntax for cellular networks Post 8379 by roylevalle on Wednesday 10th of October 2001 04:37:48 PM
Old 10-10-2001
Hello,
I don't know any SQL.
In UNIX, I enter the following command to run the scripts:

DBsurvey -i script_name -o output_file_name

This creates an output file (output_file_name), also called a data dump, in the current directory. The output file conatins all the current values taken from the field_name on the script. The only info from Lucent docs I found about the DBsurvey command is:

Data Base Survey - A flexable, general purpose database query mechanism which is a UNIX System level process (DBsurvey). It is accessed from a UNIX system terminal. It allows the user to query the application databases and to extract specific infomation by using a DBsurvey input message.

I need some more keywords that I can use in the script so that I can have more control. I don't really know where else to look.

Thanks.
Roy

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Networks alternative to Internet

I've read about BITNET, CompuServe... CompuServe was probably not a network but an online service. Are (were) there any other networks alternative to Internet? Does anyone have experience with them? Do they still exist, is it possible to access them over Internet? There seems not to be another way... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Multiple networks on same server

If I have 2 interfaces in a server on the same subnet/network does Solaris automatically choose to route packets destined for this network out the first interface. I.e if ce0 and ce1 were on same network ce0 would be chosen as it's first interface? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday.... You? If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote.. Thanks! (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
39 Replies

7. AIX

Setting up NIM for different networks

Hi, I am struggling setting up a NIM master to serve hosts on a network that is not directly accessible through the "master"-s default interface. I now that I need to set up network definitions and maybe NIM routes, but got confused. The master has 2 interfaces: * en0 holding the address... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
8 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. If the init script file does not exist, the script tries to use legacy actions. If there is no suitable legacy action found and COMMAND is one of actions specified in LSB Core Specification, input is redirected to the systemctl. Otherwise the command fails with return code 2. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8), ntsysv(8), systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.service(5) Jan 2006 service(8)