Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Full path of executing script in ksh? Post 83735 by BriceBu on Monday 19th of September 2005 09:29:48 AM
Old 09-19-2005
Thank you, that works just fine!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing ksh script from cgi

Hi all, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hodges
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias a full path in ksh

Hi again, Maybe a stupid question but I don't know how to solve it.. I want to alias a full_PATH_command.. I mean: /usr/bin/df -Ik TO sudo /usr/bin/df I used alias df='sudo df' but the command run is /usr/bin/df.. Any idea on how to make this alias? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in Executing script in ksh

Hi, I am in ksh. below mentioned 3 commands I executed at command prompt & got the expected results. csh source csh_infa <special command> Now I have to do this in the script in ksh. I entered it as it is. #!/bin/ksh csh source csh_infa <special command> Now after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_kanak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing ksh script

I am trying to call a ksh script from another ksh script. in the called script , i am doing sum calculation(used typeset etc) suppose a.ksh is the calling script and b.ksh is the called script . . b.ksh (used this inside a.ksh) this execution gives some error like bad number. but when i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two for loops in ksh script only one not executing

Hello, I have two "for loops" in my script and the second one is not executing the way i want. Script: #!/bin/ksh IFS=' ' printf "Enter Account name: " read A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O for i in ${A} ${B} ${C} ${D} ${E} ${F} ${G} ${H} ${I} ${J} ${K} ${L} ${M} ${N} ${O};... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Deployment - various deployment options DESCRIPTION
This file documents common deployment methods for Web::Simple. If you feel one is missing, please ask in the IRC channel and we'll work with you to add it. CGI
The most basic deployment option is as a CGI script loading and running your Web::Simple-module: #!/usr/bin/env perl use Your::Web::Simple::App; Your::Web::Simple::App->run_if_script; Save that as script.cgi and your web server will handle it correctly. Plack-Server This works in with exactly the same code as CGI deployment. However instead of letting your web server load script.cgi, you run this on the command line: plackup script.cgi Self-contained CGI Sometimes your app is so small that you have only one or two tiny classes that you want to run as a CGI script. Web::Simple offers a helpful mechanism to achieve that. #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; # enables strictures and warnings for the file # additionally, HelloWorld is upgraded to a # Web::Simple application { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world! It is a fine ' . HelloWorld::Helper->day ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } { package HelloWorld::Helper; use DateTime; sub day { return DateTime->now->day_name; } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)