Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users DBsurvey syntax for cellular networks Post 8369 by Neo on Wednesday 10th of October 2001 02:47:28 PM
Old 10-10-2001
Running an SQL query against Lucent hardware is the way you described your problem. Accordingly, your problem is an SQL problem. First you must get the details on the Lucent H/W, the database, the listening sockets and processes.

Then you determine how generic and open the SQL interface is....

If it is open, then any nice SQL query tool will work for you.

If closed, you might have to use a vendor specific product to do the query.

Please most more architectural details and we will try to guide you.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Networks alternative to Internet

I've read about BITNET, CompuServe... CompuServe was probably not a network but an online service. Are (were) there any other networks alternative to Internet? Does anyone have experience with them? Do they still exist, is it possible to access them over Internet? There seems not to be another way... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Multiple networks on same server

If I have 2 interfaces in a server on the same subnet/network does Solaris automatically choose to route packets destined for this network out the first interface. I.e if ce0 and ce1 were on same network ce0 would be chosen as it's first interface? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday.... You? If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote.. Thanks! (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
39 Replies

7. AIX

Setting up NIM for different networks

Hi, I am struggling setting up a NIM master to serve hosts on a network that is not directly accessible through the "master"-s default interface. I now that I need to set up network definitions and maybe NIM routes, but got confused. The master has 2 interfaces: * en0 holding the address... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
8 Replies
MSSQL_QUERY(3)															    MSSQL_QUERY(3)

mssql_query - Send MS SQL query

SYNOPSIS
mixed mssql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier], [int $batch_size]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_query(3) sends a query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query. o $link_identifier - A MS SQL link identifier, returned by mssql_connect(3) or mssql_pconnect(3). If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. If no link is open, the function tries to establish a link as if mssql_connect(3) was called, and use it. o $batch_size - The number of records to batch in the buffer. RETURN VALUES
Returns a MS SQL result resource on success, TRUE if no rows were returned, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_query(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); if (!$link || !mssql_select_db('php', $link)) { die('Unable to connect or select database!'); } // Do a simple query, select the version of // MSSQL and print it. $version = mssql_query('SELECT @@VERSION'); $row = mssql_fetch_array($version); echo $row[0]; // Clean up mssql_free_result($version); ?> NOTES
Note If the query returns multiple results then it is necessary to fetch all results by mssql_next_result(3) or free the results by mssql_free_result(3) before executing next query. SEE ALSO
mssql_select_db(3), mssql_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_QUERY(3)