Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Can any one solve this Problem...!!! Post 83493 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 15th of September 2005 10:56:00 AM
Old 09-15-2005
how about this godawful hack?
Code:
#include<stdio.h>

void change()

{
    printf("5\n");
    fflush(stdout);
    fclose(stdout);
}

int main()
{

int i=5;    
    change();    
    i=10;    
    printf("%d",i);
    return 0;
}

And yea, I know I'm not changing the output value of i, for which no obvious even remotely portable solution occurs to me.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 09-15-2005 at 12:01 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I solve this problem?

I'm now designing a server application which can serve large number of clients' request. I've a question to ask, that is, main process will block when invoke the "accept" function, if a client request comes, main process should be separated into 2 processes by invoking "fork" function, the parent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acqy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't solve that problem [PLEASE HELP]

well, my internet brakes down every day because of my server, i don't have troubles with RAM or anything i think... that problem started since i am running an unrealircd server... well, my internet brakes down and when i try to access the inside ip from the server on http port 80, it says that:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiRkO
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use two unix commands to solve the following problem

Hi, all, The following commands could compute the 10 most frequent bigrams from a input sequence which is in a file infile. I would like to know whether there is somebody who can use only two unix commands to do the same work. -------------------- tr " " "\012*" <infile >out1 tail +2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vicky20000
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve restarting problem

Hi! My unix os version is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha. It startup normally but it restarts within 5 sec. I would like to know how to solve . Please reply to me. Thanks . akzin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need to solve complex network problem

I have a Red Hat linux server X on a x.x.0.0 network. This machine also has to communicate with another server Y on a network called y.y.0.0 Server X has two network interfaces. eth0 is configured on the x.x.0.0 network and has a default gateway on the x.x.0.0 network. In order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how would you solve this problem?

I have a file process.txt I wanted to just grab data in "process" column. Name process process_id status Adminserver adminserver 22669 Running Browser Engine browserengine ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soemac
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown Problem. I really want your help to solve this!

Take a look on this code: #!/bin/sh currentpath=`pwd` if ; then #Normal user if ; then "$currentpath"/.cleaner else ./runit fi else #Root user if ; then rm -r /some fi mkdir /some cd /home/ echo "`ls --group-directories-first -1`" > /some/allusers cat /some/allusers | sed 's/... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve the problem of overwriting an array?

Hi all, I have a file..... I want to print 2nd column arranged according to order of first column, present in second file..... So, the output should be: I am using following code: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2;next}{print a?a:"ABSENT\t"}' file1 file2 But, it seems that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me solve this scripting problem please

Hello, I would really appreciate some help into approaching this problem: - i have a random txt file with x lines and y rows following this pattern: ex: ip1 | user1 | command ip2 | user2 | command ip3 | user3 | command - i need to telnet/ssh into these ip's, login with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinstk
7 Replies
SETBUF(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SETBUF(3)

NAME
setbuf, setbuffer, setlinebuf, setvbuf - stream buffering operations SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> void setbuf(FILE *stream, char *buf); void setbuffer(FILE *stream, char *buf, size_tsize); void setlinebuf(FILE *stream); int setvbuf(FILE *stream, char *buf, int mode , size_t size); DESCRIPTION
The three types of buffering available are unbuffered, block buffered, and line buffered. When an output stream is unbuffered, information appears on the destination file or terminal as soon as written; when it is block buffered many characters are saved up and written as a block; when it is line buffered characters are saved up until a newline is output or input is read from any stream attached to a terminal device (typically stdin). The function fflush(3) may be used to force the block out early. (See fclose(3).) Normally all files are block buffered. When the first I/O operation occurs on a file, malloc(3) is called, and a buffer is obtained. If a stream refers to a terminal (as stdout normally does) it is line buffered. The standard error stream stderr is always unbuffered by default. The setvbuf function may be used on any open stream to change its buffer. The mode parameter must be one of the following three macros: _IONBF unbuffered _IOLBF line buffered _IOFBF fully buffered Except for unbuffered files, the buf argument should point to a buffer at least size bytes long; this buffer will be used instead of the current buffer. If the argument buf is NULL, only the mode is affected; a new buffer will be allocated on the next read or write opera- tion. The setvbuf function may only be used after opening a stream and before any other operations have been performed on it. The other three calls are, in effect, simply aliases for calls to setvbuf. The setbuf function is exactly equivalent to the call setvbuf(stream, buf, buf ? _IOFBF : _IONBF, BUFSIZ); The setbuffer function is the same, except that the size of the buffer is up to the caller, rather than being determined by the default BUFSIZ. The setlinebuf function is exactly equivalent to the call: setvbuf(stream, (char *)NULL, _IOLBF, 0); RETURN VALUE
The function setvbuf returns 0 on success. It can return any value on failure, but returns nonzero when mode is invalid or the request cannot be honoured. It may set errno on failure. The other functions are void. CONFORMING TO
The setbuf and setvbuf functions conform to ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C''). BUGS
The setbuffer and setlinebuf functions are not portable to versions of BSD before 4.2BSD, and are available under Linux since libc 4.5.21. On 4.2BSD and 4.3BSD systems, setbuf always uses a suboptimal buffer size and should be avoided. You must make sure that both buf and the space it points to still exist by the time stream is closed, which also happens at program termi- nation. For example, the following is illegal: #include <stdio.h> int main() { char buf[BUFSIZ]; setbuf(stdin, buf); printf("Hello, world! "); return 0; } SEE ALSO
fclose(3), fflush(3), fopen(3), fread(3), malloc(3), printf(3), puts(3) Linux 2001-06-09 SETBUF(3)