Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process PID
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process PID Post 83367 by qfwfq on Wednesday 14th of September 2005 09:30:42 AM
Old 09-14-2005
If your able to get the client IP then
Code:
who -u | grep ip

You will see all process attached to that ip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Child Process PID

Hi, Can anybody solve this query? A parent process forks 2 child processes. How does the child process know it's PID without the parent process sending it. Apart from the "ps-ef" option, what other options are there if any? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

getting pid of process

hi all, Is there a simple script anyone could through out to me, to find the pid of a process given the name. I actually need to bind this pid to a processor set. I would probably put these comamns in a shell script which would have. a) kick start the executable b) get the pid c) bind it to a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get an PID of particular process

Hi I have written a shell script to find and kill the particular process. Here in shell script i have written the code like cnt = $(ps -ef | grep Shree) echo $cnt I am getting the output root 2326 2317 0 14:39:46 pts/1 0:28 Shree -f fdc.fbconf FDCapp.fbapp Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting pid from a process

Hi all, i was able to redirect pid of process to a file in the following way ps aux|awk '$11 == "/Applications/ProjectX/DServer" >> /Applications/ProjectX/DServer.pid it works fine but if one folder name caontains space its not working like below ps aux|awk '$11 == "/Applications/Project\... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumars
1 Replies

6. Programming

[C] Process pid by name

Hi I use linux OS. I've already written a function that allow me to get the process name by pid. (searching in /proc). Now I'd like to perform the inverse task.I mean get the process pid by its name. I could write a function that search in every folder in /proc for the process name, but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX: PID 0 Process

Hi All, I searched other threads and could not find any relevant post about this. I searched for process 0 in SUN OS and could find the sched/swapper process listed. root 0 0 0 Apr 25 ? 0:06 sched but i couldnt not find the swapper process (PID 0) in AIX. Is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

PID Process Resources

Hi all. I need to get detailed information about a PID. I have an app called Reflection X and it shows many things like Total CPU percent, User CPU (Nice) percent, FS Reads, etc. My question is how can I get all that information on console? Is there an archive with the detailed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0m3n
9 Replies

9. AIX

Swapper Process #PID more than 1

Hi I would like to know more about swapper process.. I knew that swapper is the first process with PID#0, used to perform process swap operations. It used to swap entire processes But sometimes I find swapper process with PID#264 So my doubt is how many swapper process can exist in a system?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to get process name from PID?

HI, i used ps -ef | grep 3539052 | grep -v grep and i got a output like ths root 3539052 3407918 0 May 07 - 709:31 /usr/sbin/syslogd but what i need is instead of full path /usr/sbin/syslogd i want only the process name that is 'syslogd' here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)