Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process PID
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process PID Post 83335 by nir_s on Wednesday 14th of September 2005 05:01:04 AM
Old 09-14-2005
Hi,

First step - from the OS, issue the following command:

Code:
ps -ef | grep oracle

The second column is the PID.
You can also run "top" and check the column "PID"

second step - run the following query in the database as user SYSTEM:
Code:
set pagesize 100
set linesize 1000
COL USERNAME FOR A8
COL MACHINE FOR A22
COL PROGRAM FOR A30
COL OS_USER FOR A8
COL PROCESS FOR A10
COL SPID FOR A6
COL SID FOR A5
SELECT UPPER(s.USERNAME) USERNAME,
UPPER(s.osuser) OS_USER,
UPPER(s.PROGRAM) PROGRAM,UPPER(s.MACHINE) MACHINE,
UPPER(PROCESS) PROCESS,
UPPER(p.spid) SPID,
UPPER(s.sid) SID,
UPPER(s.serial#) ser
FROM V$SESSION s ,
sys.v_$sess_io si,  sys.v_$process p
WHERE
s.username is not null and
si.sid(+)=s.sid
and p.addr(+)=s.paddr
ORDER BY SPID;

The column SPID in this query is equal to PID in the OS.
From this query you'll detect which program/user belong to the OS PID.

Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Child Process PID

Hi, Can anybody solve this query? A parent process forks 2 child processes. How does the child process know it's PID without the parent process sending it. Apart from the "ps-ef" option, what other options are there if any? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

getting pid of process

hi all, Is there a simple script anyone could through out to me, to find the pid of a process given the name. I actually need to bind this pid to a processor set. I would probably put these comamns in a shell script which would have. a) kick start the executable b) get the pid c) bind it to a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get an PID of particular process

Hi I have written a shell script to find and kill the particular process. Here in shell script i have written the code like cnt = $(ps -ef | grep Shree) echo $cnt I am getting the output root 2326 2317 0 14:39:46 pts/1 0:28 Shree -f fdc.fbconf FDCapp.fbapp Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting pid from a process

Hi all, i was able to redirect pid of process to a file in the following way ps aux|awk '$11 == "/Applications/ProjectX/DServer" >> /Applications/ProjectX/DServer.pid it works fine but if one folder name caontains space its not working like below ps aux|awk '$11 == "/Applications/Project\... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumars
1 Replies

6. Programming

[C] Process pid by name

Hi I use linux OS. I've already written a function that allow me to get the process name by pid. (searching in /proc). Now I'd like to perform the inverse task.I mean get the process pid by its name. I could write a function that search in every folder in /proc for the process name, but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX: PID 0 Process

Hi All, I searched other threads and could not find any relevant post about this. I searched for process 0 in SUN OS and could find the sched/swapper process listed. root 0 0 0 Apr 25 ? 0:06 sched but i couldnt not find the swapper process (PID 0) in AIX. Is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

PID Process Resources

Hi all. I need to get detailed information about a PID. I have an app called Reflection X and it shows many things like Total CPU percent, User CPU (Nice) percent, FS Reads, etc. My question is how can I get all that information on console? Is there an archive with the detailed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0m3n
9 Replies

9. AIX

Swapper Process #PID more than 1

Hi I would like to know more about swapper process.. I knew that swapper is the first process with PID#0, used to perform process swap operations. It used to swap entire processes But sometimes I find swapper process with PID#264 So my doubt is how many swapper process can exist in a system?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to get process name from PID?

HI, i used ps -ef | grep 3539052 | grep -v grep and i got a output like ths root 3539052 3407918 0 May 07 - 709:31 /usr/sbin/syslogd but what i need is instead of full path /usr/sbin/syslogd i want only the process name that is 'syslogd' here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
vino-server(1)							   User Commands						    vino-server(1)

NAME
vino-server - remote desktop server SYNOPSIS
vino-server DESCRIPTION
vino-server is a remote desktop server based on VNC protocol. vino-server provides remote desktop takeover and remote desktop view func- tions. vino-server allows multiple client to access a GNOME desktop session remotely. It is based on the VNC technology. vino-server pro- vides service at port 5800. Each desktop has a vino server which disabled by default and a Java client application which is made available to a client via a web browser (via port 5900 of the server machine is the service is enabled by the user). FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/vino-server The executable file for the vino server application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-server(1)