Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XServer Fails to start
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users XServer Fails to start Post 83272 by mahartle on Tuesday 13th of September 2005 12:16:53 PM
Old 09-13-2005
XServer Fails to start

I've recently patched my AIX box from ML02 to ML06 and somehow along the way the monitor no longer starts up in GUI mode.

Running the command xinit gives me the following errros

ioctl Bad file Number
1356- Unable to start the X server

I've checked the path variables, the monitor, the lai0 card seems ok
oslevel -r shows that the ML worked ok.

I'm really stumped. It means I can't installed Oracle without the graphics interface working properly.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hardware Change 715/33 715/100 HIL - PS2 - XServer didnt start ???

I Need help ! We changed a WS HP 715/33 the new is a HP 715/100 ! The old one supports a HIL keyboard and mouse. The "new" one PS2 keyboard. We changed only the hardware not the harddisk - now the Xserver didnīt start ! What have we to configure thatt the WS supports the PS2 keyboard under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbrandt1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

xserver problem - hang

Dear When I restart the Xserver it works fine for less than half an hour and throw this error afterward. After setting the display DISPLAY=10.195.2.13:0.0, I tried to run xclock. After few minutes it throws this error message "X connection to 10.195.2.13:0.0 broken (explicit kill or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanvirscsa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver

Hi, From my workstation (win XP)I open a telnet session on Linux(Red Hat) server. When I issue : # xclock I have : Error: Can't open display: Then : # export DISPLAY=192.16.1.87:0.0 # xclock Error: Can't open display: 192.16.1.87:0.0 Do you have an idea ? Many thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Is possible to start Xserver in a domain of E25K without graphics card?

Hi, I need to start the Xserver process in a domain of a E25K which has installed Solaris 8, however this domain doesn't have installed a graphic card, is this possible? Or is there any way to emulate this process? In fact I don't know how to stop or start the Xserver process, is with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf8006
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Xserver

I have problem with my V490 server which running on solaris 8. The error show on log file X_mkdir: nosuch file or directory Fatal server error: Failed to establish all listening sockets error (pid 299): server unexpectedly died error (pid 299): server for display :0 cant be started ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsul
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ldap client fails to start under solaris 10

I have an issue here with ldap client. It stoped and won't start. What I have got: sadm $ tail /var/adm/messages Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 Mesg: Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' (''). Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Xserver doesn't allow log in

I wanted to modify my Xstarup file so I can have Croatian letters but unfortunately I am unable to log in . What I have done is cp /dev/null /etc/dt/config/Xstartup cat >> /etc/dt/config/Xstartup <<%EOF% keycode 34 = bracketleft braceleft scaron Scaron keycode 35 = bracketright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vsftp in CentOS fails to start

service of vsftpd is not starting .I m using centos 5 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj@Innodata
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Xserver not display

I have this Xserver not display issues, I try search from the forum but found out it can have different errors from the Xerrors logs. Here I upload and hope admin can help. root@ccs # more Xerrors The loadable module for the display device SUNWast is not installed. Fatal server error:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)