Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert file content via sed after two searchings Post 83229 by nir_s on Tuesday 13th of September 2005 03:13:55 AM
Old 09-13-2005
Insert file content via sed after two searchings

Hi folks,

The file webcache.xml contains a lot sections which begins and ends with the string </CACHEABILITYRULE>.

The section In need to deel with is:
Code:
       </CACHEABILITYRULE>
        <CACHEABILITYRULE NAME="cache swf" CACHE="YES" COMMENT="This rule caches all .swf files. This file format is sufficiently compressed and should *not* be further compressed by Web Cache." COMPRESS="NO" ENABLED="YES" COMPRESSFORNETSCAPE="YES" CANOUTPUTESI="YES" SSLONLY="NO" Key="NAME">
          <SELECTORS>
            <URLEXP EXP=".swf" TYPE="FILEEXT" Key="EXP"/>
            <HTTPMETHODS SIMPLEGET="YES" GETWITHQUERYSTRING="NO" POST="NO"/>
          </SELECTORS>
          <EXPIRATIONREF EXPREF="EXPID.2"/>
        </CACHEABILITYRULE>

I need to do the following:
1. find the string: NAME="cache swf"
2. find the first appearance of the string </CACHEABILITYRULE> after the string NAME="cache swf"
3. insert the file suifw_rules.xml right after the string </CACHEABILITYRULE> ,which I found in paragraph 2

I know how to insert a file after a string but I don't know how to insert a file after two searchings .

Thanks a lot in advance,
Nir

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract content from a file and insert to another file

please help for the following task... I have to extract the mac address & IP address from the file1: ... 0100004512EEF4 03 192.168.0.7 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100779hF5D212 03 192.168.0.8 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100789lF5D212 03 192.168.0.9 192.168.0.1 -1 ... ... change the format (addidng... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file after a certain line in another file

Hi, it's my first post to this forum. I just started bash and I'm stuck at one issue. I want to include content of a file in another file after a certain line. I'm using sed for inserting one line but how to insert all content of a file ? For example i have a file list.txt with a few lines and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert content of file.txt to multi files

Ive this sed & find command find /home/www/ -name footer.php -exec sed -i 's/<\/body>/file.txt\n<\/body>/' what I need to place content of file.txt before </body> in all footer.php files file.txt content is google analytic script which is like 7 lines any help to adjust my command to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmoe
2 Replies

4. Programming

[SQL] Insert content file to mysql

dear all, i want to insert string in file to mysql i just want how to do that cause i am poor in sql languages ... so this file like this DATA.txt doni|student|westjava|123412|lombok| iwan|student|westjava|1234412|utankayu| rio|student|westjava|12342|cempedak| so i want insert DATA.txt to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file into another file before given pattern

I need to insert file x2 into x1 right before first BBB line. $ cat x1 AAA 1 AAA 2 AAA 3 BBB 1 BBB 2 BBB 3 $ cat x2 XXX - insert 1 XXX - insert 2 I need to get AAA 1 AAA 2 AAA 3 XXX - insert 1 XXX - insert 2 BBB 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file to another file at a line number which is given by third file

Hi friends, here is my problem. I have three files like this.. cat file1.txt ======= unix is best unix is best linux is best unix is best linux is best linux is best unix is best unix is best cat file2.txt ======== Windows performs better Mac OS performs better Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of file before the first occurrence of a line starts with a pattern in another file

Hi all, I'm new to scripting.. facing some problems while inserting content of a file into another file... I want to insert content of a file (file2) into file1, before first occurrence of "line starts with pattern" in file1 file1 ====== working on linux its unix world working on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file right after pattern in another file

suppose i have original file: original.txt: hello how are you you are wonderful what time is it I went to the store last night. and some apple juice then i have another file: anotherfile.txt: with my friends mary, john and harry. We had a great time. We bought food Suppose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert content from file 1 to file 2 in specific criteria meet

Hi , I'm looking for some code that can copy and paste form file1 to file2 with 2 criterial meet. file1: test "sp-j1" test "sp-j2" test "sp-j3" test "sp-j4" file2: sub Pre_Shorts1 (Status_Code, Message$) global Status !if Message$ <> "" then print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
3 Replies
XML_SPLIT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     XML_SPLIT(1p)

NAME
xml_split - cut a big XML file into smaller chunks DESCRIPTION
"xml_split" takes a (presumably big) XML file and split it in several smaller files. The memory used is the memory needed for the biggest chunk (ie memory is reused for each new chunk). It can split at a given level in the tree (the default, splits children of the root), or on a condition (using the subset of XPath understood by XML::Twig, so "section" or "/doc/section"). Each generated file is replaced by a processing instruction that will allow "xml_merge" to rebuild the original document. The processing instruction format is "<?merge subdocs=[01] :<filename> ?>" File names are <file>-<nb>.xml, with <file>-00.xml holding the main document. OPTIONS
-l <level> level to cut at: 1 generates a file for each child of the root, 2 for each grand child defaults to 1 -c <condition> generate a file for each element that passes the condition xml_split -c <section> will put each "section" element in its own file (nested sections are handled too) Note that at the moment this option is a lot slower than using "-l" -s <size> generates files of (approximately) <size>. The content of each file is enclosed in a new element ("xml_split::root"), so it's well- formed XML. The size can be given in bytes, Kb, Mb or Gb. -g <nb> groups <nb> elements in a single file. The content of each file is enclosed in a new element ("xml_split::root"), so it's well-formed XML. -b <name> base name for the output, files will be named <base>-<nb><.ext> <nb> is a sequence number, see below "--nb_digits" <ext> is an extension, see below "--extension" defaults to the original file name (if available) or "out" (if input comes from the standard input) -n <nb> number of digits in the sequence number for each file if more digits than <nb> are needed, then they are used: if "--nb_digits 2" is used and 112 files are generated they will be named "<file>-01.xml" to "<file>-112.xml" defaults to 2 -e <ext> extension to use for generated files defaults to the original file extension or ".xml" -i use XInclude elements instead of Processing Instructions to mark where sub files need to be included -v verbose output Note that this option can slow down processing considerably (by an order of magnitude) when generating lots of small documents -V outputs version and exit -h short help -m man (requires pod2text to be in the path) EXAMPLES
xml_split foo.xml # split at level 1 xml_split -l 2 foo.xml # split at level 2 xml_split -c section foo.xml # a file is generated for each section element # nested sections are split properly SEE ALSO
XML::Twig, xml_merge TODO
optimize the code any idea welcome! I have already implemented most of what I thought would improve performances. provide other methods that PIs to keep merge information XInclude is a good candidate (alpha support added in 0.04). using entities, which would seem the natural way to do it, doesn't work, as they make it impossible to have both the main document and the sub docs to be well-formed if the sub docs include sub-sub docs (you can't have entity declarations in an entity) AUTHOR
Michel Rodriguez <mirod@cpan.org> LICENSE
This tool is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2010-09-20 XML_SPLIT(1p)