Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mysql Post 83165 by Unbeliever on Monday 12th of September 2005 06:54:40 AM
Old 09-12-2005
You cannot simply create the mysql.sock file on your Redhat system. This is not a standard file but a 'socket' through which a process can communicate with the mysqld process. It is used on the local machine (rather than comunicating directly via tcp) because it's more efficient.

To be honest it looks like you've got 2 different versions of mysql on the your Redhat box and the mysqldump you are running is not from the same base install as the server.

Can you do a 'ps -elf' and check which mysqld (or possibly safe_mysqld) is currently running? Make sure its the one in /usr/local/mysql/bin. If it is then you need to check to see if the 'default socket file' has been overridden. This could of been done on the command line when mysqld was started or in the 'my.cnf' file. The 'my.cnf' file unfortunately could again be in a standard location (/etc/my.cnf, /etc/mysql/my.cnf, /usr/local/mysql/mf.cnf etc etc) or could be specified on the command line.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Linux

mysql

Hi all, How I can find out how long is mysql server is down and is it writing data or not? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

6. Programming

Mysql++

code: #include <mysql/mysql.h> #include <my_global.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { MYSQL *conn; conn = mysql_init(NULL); mysql_real_connect(conn, "localhost", "zetcode", "passwd", "testdb", 0, NULL, 0); mysql_query(conn, "use vobd_db"); mysql_query(conn, "select *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj6
1 Replies
MYSQL2DLF.IN(1) 					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					   MYSQL2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
mysql2dlf - convert mysql logfiles to dlf format SYNOPSIS
mysql2dlf DESCRIPTION
mysql2dlf converts a MySQL query log file to DLF format. Information on MySQL can be found on http://www.mysql.org/. The query log file is defined by the --log[=file] option of mysqld, or the log=file setting in MySQL configuration file. Such a log file looks like e.g. /usr/sbin/mysqld, Version: 3.23.43-debug-log, started with: Tcp port: 3306 Unix socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock Time Id Command Argument 011218 15:02:58 1 Connect root@localhost on 1 Query SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'pid_file' 1 Shutdown 011226 21:35:59 6 Connect joe@localhost on 6 Init DB nmrshiftdb 6 Query SHOW VARIABLES or 42401 Query SELECT bannerID, banner, format, width, height, alt, url FROM banners WHERE act = 'true' AND (keyw = 'fullsize' OR keyw = 'global') The generic database dlf format is described in database.xml. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by MySQL: $ mysql2dlf < mysql-log mysql2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report mysql < /var/log/mysql-log NOTES
The parser has been tested for query log files for MySQL 3.23.46 only. BUGS
This converter stores all log files information in one big nested array in memory, before writing. Therefore, memory consumption is linear with the size of the log. SEE ALSO
mysql(1), mysqld(1) VERSION
$Id: mysql2dlf.in,v 1.12 2010/12/05 20:36:45 wraay Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Egon Willighagen <egonw@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2011-12-31 MYSQL2DLF.IN(1)