Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Security in Unix - Documentation Post 83157 by octav on Monday 12th of September 2005 06:15:31 AM
Old 09-12-2005
Data Security in Unix - Documentation

Hello, I'm trying to find a Unix documentation about security! I mean I nead something very complex and complete, not just a document about kerberos, a document about securing against atack ... or others like those. I woulde like if exists, a documentation based on levels of security and expanding them on and on till a final point. I'm in a hurry, cause I need this documentation till tomorrow, and that's way I didn't looked very well over the other posts. I will remain deeply grateful for any information.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix Online Documentation

help would be appreciated, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

unix security

Was wondering if anyone could answer two quick questions... 1) What is the best way to impliment password triviality checking and also checking to make sure a user does not use the same password twice. 2) is there any nice software out there to manage users on multiple machine as far as security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH UNIX documentation

Hello, I am looking for a general KSH UNIX documentation on the web. Would you have an URL ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filippo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeking UNIX documentation

Hi, I am looking for documentation (PDF, DOC, books, web ...) about UNIX scripts. What could you advice me ? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filippo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unix installation documentation

I need to install unix (sun solaries) on my machine. Could you please send me the documentation regarding unix (sun solaries) installation. Regards, Rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unix security

Is there anyway to trace where a user has logged in from. Someone this morning deleted some data but I only have the following info from the last command cromread pts/ta Wed Jul 22 06:55 - 06:57 (00:02) cromread pts/ta Wed Jul 22 06:43 - 06:46 (00:02) cromread pts/ta ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiers
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Need HP unix documentation for beginner

Hello All, I am working in HP unix since 5 years on application and support. But in order to get opportunity out side i need to learn admintration Can somebody help me to guide hot start for this. Do we have any doc(pdf) to start with. Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX intermediate level documentation

Hi, Can maybe some of the UNIX-guys recommend an online UNIX intermediate level documentation with examples (not too dry :-). More the post-beginner level, for someone who has to play around with files and directories, with chmod, grep, sed, a little awk maybe... bw, Omar KN (once tasted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
2 Replies
PDF2DSC(1)							 Ghostscript Tools							PDF2DSC(1)

NAME
pdf2dsc - generate a PostScript page list of a PDF document SYNOPSIS
pdf2dsc input.pdf [ output.dsc ] DESCRIPTION
pdf2dsc uses gs(1) to read an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) document "input.pdf" and create a PostScript(tm) document "output.dsc" that conforms to Adobe's Document Structuring Conventions (DSC) requirements. This new document simply tells Ghostscript to read the PDF file and to display pages one at a time. The generated document can then be viewed with any PostScript viewer based on Ghostscript, like ghostview(1) on Unix or GSview on Windows, with which the user can browse through the pages of the PDF document in any order. If no output file is named on the command line, the name of the output file is that of the input file with any extension removed, followed by the extension ".dsc". CAVEATS
The DSC document uses Ghostscript-specific procedures. In addition, the original PDF document must be accessible when the DSC document is processed. You need the file "pdf2dsc.ps" (originally by Russell Lang) supplied with Ghostscript since release 3.53. SEE ALSO
gs(1), ghostview(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. AUTHOR
Yves Arrouye <yves.arrouye@usa.net> and Russell Lang gsview at ghostgum.com.au 8.70 31 July 2009 PDF2DSC(1)