Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "who" and "w" do not work
Operating Systems AIX "who" and "w" do not work Post 82894 by LBussy on Wednesday 7th of September 2005 12:56:18 PM
Old 09-07-2005
That fits with what I have found so far ... the /var/adm/wtmp in this case.

We had been using a dump from the 'last' command for user logging, apparently I need to rethink how the team is doing that. I'll start though the drudgery of reviewing the Sys Management docs and figuring that all out.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
BBSTORED-CERTS(8)						    Box Backup							 BBSTORED-CERTS(8)

NAME
bbstored-certs - Manage certificates for the Box Backup system SYNOPSIS
bbstored-certs certs-dir command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
bbstored-certs creates and signs certificates for use in Box Backup. It allows the user to create and sign the server keys, as well as signing client keys. All commands must be followed by the certs-dir, which is the directory in which the certificates are stored. Commands There are 3 commands: init Create the certs-dir, and generate the server keys for bbstored. certs-dir cannot exist before running the command. sign-server servercsrfile Sign the server certificate. The servercsrfile is the file generated by the init command. sign clientcsrfile Sign a client certificate. The clientcsrfile is generated during client setup. See bbackupd-config(8). Send the signed certificate back to the client, and install according to the instructions given by bbackupd-config. FILES
raidfile-config(8) generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[1], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), bbstoreaccounts(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBSTORED-CERTS(8)