Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lost Data Lost Admin
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Lost Data Lost Admin Post 82893 by rhfrommn on Wednesday 7th of September 2005 12:49:45 PM
Old 09-07-2005
The utility that creates those metadevices is called "Solaris Disk Suite". I know very little about it (almost all boxes I admin use Veritas instead of SDS for disk management), but it is a common tool. I'm sure you could find lots of information about it at docs.sun.com.

For example, here is the guide for the latest version:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805...aris+disksuite

You may need to check a different doc, but there are tons there so you should be able to find the one for the version of SDS on your system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

corrupt or lost data

Thank you livin Free for all your help. We removed a lot of spool files and report files. Which should have freed up some space. But now I think a major problem we have is we have lost or corrupt files which are preventing us from coming up correctly. Can we load or can you copy us a directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NOT A CLUE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover lost data

I did a rm -r command on a directory. I would like to know if there is any way I can recover the data that was lost during this operation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lost data

Hi, Instead of using the tar xvf ...I used tar cvf <device file> for a DLT and the whole of the 50GB data was lost in less than 10sec....The data was not over written for sure. but when i use a tar tvf there is nothing inside. Can i get back the data by any means. If not y. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost or deleted data in Unix?

Quote: "Until the space is used for another file, it is not deleted and the data can be recovered (although it may require jumping through hoops)." Unquote I know this is true in the Windows world, but I didn't think it was true of Unix. I had always been told once it was deleted in Unix, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Lost both Unix Admin's ....need help

Hi all, I know nothing about unix. Both of our unix guys left for greener pastures. I have been given the task of tring to get 10,000 accounts on a hp ux system into active directory. The accounts don't need to be moved, but they need to be in active directory for a couple of applications. Even if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob D
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Need HPUX admin commands lost

Hi All Please somebody send me list of admin commands used for HPUX. Thanks Sunanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunanda
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Lost Domain Admin Privileges in Samba

Hello, I have apparently lost all domain admin privledges in Samba. I have had several problems ever since I installed the 1/31 Solaris patch cluster. I had to roll out one Samba update (146363-01), which denied all logons network access. However, this particular problem seems to have begun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Need some help with lost data on external drive

Hi all, I would really appreciate some assistance with some lost data on external drive. The external is a Seagate Goflex 3TB drive, Desktop hard drive | External Desktop hard drives | FreeAgent | GoFlex Desk | Seagate The purpose of the drive is to do time machine backups to it from my mac.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
7 Replies
sigdist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     sigdist.d(1m)

NAME
sigdist.d - signal distribution by process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
sigdist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that prints the number of signals recieved by process and signal number. This script is also available as /usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d, where it originates. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # sigdist.d FIELDS
SENDER process name of sender RECIPIENT process name of target SIG signal number, see signal(3head) COUNT number of signals sent BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "proc Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
sigdist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
kill.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Jun 09, 2005 sigdist.d(1m)