Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers post warning to over quota users Post 8288 by PxT on Tuesday 9th of October 2001 12:01:41 PM
Old 10-09-2001
On my Linux system I have the "warnquota" command. It is probably part of the quota package on other systems too...

Quote:
NAME
warnquota - send mail to users over quota

SYNOPSIS
warnquota

DESCRIPTION
warnquota checks the disk quota for each filesystem and mails a warning message to those
users who have reached their limit. It is typically run via cron(8).

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Denyhosts displaying warning message for users blocked

Hi, I have a dilemma.I am running denyhosts on one of our servers and it monitors illegal ssh/ftp loggins. I am running vsftpd. My manager though has put an additional requirement on me. When someone is blocked my denyhosts he want an error message to be displayed: " YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Quota Managment - Virtual Users - VSFTPD

Hi guys. I have configured Vsftpd with virtual users using Berkley DB. it is running fine. But how can we implement disk quotas for virtual users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
QUOTA(1)						      General Commands Manual							  QUOTA(1)

NAME
quota - display disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [ -F format-name ] [ -guvs | q ] quota [ -F format-name ] [ -uvs | q ] user quota [ -F format-name ] [ -gvs | q ] group DESCRIPTION
quota displays users' disk usage and limits. By default only the user quotas are printed. quota reports the quotas of all the filesystems listed in /etc/mtab. For filesystems that are NFS-mounted a call to the rpc.rquotad on the server machine is performed to get the information. OPTIONS
-F format-name Show quota for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold (version 1 quota), vfsv0 (version 2 quota), rpc (quota over NFS), xfs (quota on XFS filesystem) -g Print group quotas for the group of which the user is a member. The optional -u flag is equivalent to the default. -v will display quotas on filesystems where no storage is allocated. -s flag will make quota(1) try to choose units for showing limits, used space and used inodes. -q Print a more terse message, containing only information on filesystems where usage is over quota. Specifying both -g and -u displays both the user quotas and the group quotas (for the user). Only the super-user may use the -u flag and the optional user argument to view the limits of other users. Non-super-users can use the the -g flag and optional group argument to view only the limits of groups of which they are members. The -q flag takes precedence over the -v flag. DIAGNOSTICS
If quota exits with a non-zero status, one or more filesystems are over quota. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/mtab default filesystems SEE ALSO
quotactl(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) QUOTA(1)