Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory MO disc stuck in drive, Help! Post 82833 by blowtorch on Wednesday 7th of September 2005 02:45:55 AM
Old 09-07-2005
I dont really get what a MO disk is, but any external disks, such as CDs have to be unmounted before they can be ejected from the drive. Use
Code:
umount /path/where/disk/mounted

to unmount the disk and then eject from the drive.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy of HP-UX from MO disc

This is my newbi question. I have HP-UX on a MO drive, need to backup that MO in case of damaging the original. Therefor I need a copy on server and be able to put that copy onto a blank MO to recreate a working bootable disc. This what I did. First I tried to make a copy with dd dd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tops
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format disc

What is the best way to format the partition? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

6. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

New disc drive - access problem

Hi I've added a second hard drive to my computer. I had no problem using GParted to partition and format it as an ext4 partition, and it's visible as an extra device. But when I try to read from the drive, I get "Folder contents could not be displayed, You do not have permission". When I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keith.macdonald
1 Replies

8. AIX

Hard Drive stuck in populated state?

Hi all, I ended up replacing a failed disk drive on my power 7. I had a few issues with unmirroring as it had a stale logical volume. I ended up finally getting it to unmirror the rootvg. I had an empty space in slot 3 so I ended up putting the new disk in slot 3. It configured to hdisk0 with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexanderIII
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies
quotacheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     quotacheck(8)

Name
       quotacheck - file system quota consistency checker

Syntax
       /etc/quotacheck [ -v ] [ -f ] filesystem ...
       /etc/quotacheck [ -v ] -a

Description
       The  command examines each file system, builds a table of current disc usage, and compares this table against that stored in the disc quota
       file for the file system.  If detects any inconsistencies, it updates both the quota file and the current system copies	of  the  incorrect
       quotas.	Inconsistencies occur only if an active file system is checked.

Normally,  returns a warning if it cannot find a valid quota file.  If you use the option, creates a quota file automatically and then per-
       forms its normal functions.

If you use the flag in place of any file system name, checks all the file systems listed in to be read-write with disc quotas.

Normally reports only modified quotas. If the option is supplied, will indicate the calculated disc quotas for each user  on  a	particular
       file system.

The  command  expects each file system to be checked to have a quota file named in the root directory.  If none is present, will ignore the
       file system.

The command is normally run at boot time from the file, before enabling disc quotas with For further information, see

The command accesses the raw device in calculating the actual disc usage for each user.	Thus, the file systems checked should be quiescent
       while is running.

Files
       Default file systems

See Also
       quota(2), setquota(2), quotaon(8)
       ``Disk Quotas in a UNIX Environment,'' ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3: System Manager

quotacheck(8)