Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers post warning to over quota users Post 8259 by liyas on Tuesday 9th of October 2001 05:49:28 AM
Old 10-09-2001
Power post warning to over quota users

Hi,
How do you inform the users that their quota limit is exceeded thru email automatically?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Denyhosts displaying warning message for users blocked

Hi, I have a dilemma.I am running denyhosts on one of our servers and it monitors illegal ssh/ftp loggins. I am running vsftpd. My manager though has put an additional requirement on me. When someone is blocked my denyhosts he want an error message to be displayed: " YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Quota Managment - Virtual Users - VSFTPD

Hi guys. I have configured Vsftpd with virtual users using Berkley DB. it is running fine. But how can we implement disk quotas for virtual users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
QUOTA(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  QUOTA(1)

NAME
quota -- display disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [-ghu] [-v | -q] quota [-hu] [-v | -q] user quota [-gh] [-v | -q] group quota -d [-gh] [-v | -q] DESCRIPTION
quota displays users' disk usage and limits. By default only the user quotas are printed. Options: -d Query the kernel for default user or group quota instead of a specific user or group. -g Print group quotas for the group of which the user is a member. The optional -u flag is equivalent to the default. -h Numbers are displayed in a human readable format. -q Print a more terse message, containing only information on file systems where usage is over quota. -v quota will display quotas on file systems where no storage is allocated. Specifying both -g and -u displays both the user quotas and the group quotas (for the user). Only the super-user may use the -u flag and the optional user argument to view the limits of other users. Non-super-users can use the -g flag and optional group argument to view only the limits of groups of which they are members. Only the super-user may use the -d flag. The -q flag takes precedence over the -v flag. quota tries to report the quotas of all mounted file systems. If the file system is mounted via NFS it will attempt to contact the rpc.rquotad(8) daemon on the NFS server. If quota exits with a non-zero status, one or more file systems are over quota. SEE ALSO
libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8), rpc.rquotad(8) HISTORY
The quota command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
May 12, 2012 BSD