Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mysql Post 82545 by kisoun on Friday 2nd of September 2005 08:32:02 AM
Old 09-02-2005
Mysql

Is it my opinion, or Unix & Linux systems dislike me???? Smilie

New problem

I want to mysqldump a database from a Red Hat 9 mysql server,
to a Solaris 7 mysql server.

the problem is :

Mysql server in Red Hat 9 is up and running. (Its the production server).
I'm trying to mysqldump a database, and provides me the below error.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect

Remember, this server is up and running.

I'm searching everywhere for mysql.sock, or *.sock, and I can't find anything.
there is no mysql.sock file in the system (hidden or not).
There is no .sock file in the system.

mysqld.log it exists but is empty, so I can't get any information from there.

Now,

in Solaris 7, mysql.sock exists, in a proper location '/tmp/mysql.sock',
but its empty.
Mysql server, in Solaris 7, its also up and running.

My obvious question is , how to make mysqldump work without any mysql.sock file in the system????

But I want to add another question.
If I'll create, in Red Hat 9, a '/tmp/mysql.sock' file, empty of course, will it cause any damage to the mysql server, which is up and running????????

Thanks again.

I'll never give up, never give in Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Linux

mysql

Hi all, How I can find out how long is mysql server is down and is it writing data or not? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

6. Programming

Mysql++

code: #include <mysql/mysql.h> #include <my_global.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { MYSQL *conn; conn = mysql_init(NULL); mysql_real_connect(conn, "localhost", "zetcode", "passwd", "testdb", 0, NULL, 0); mysql_query(conn, "use vobd_db"); mysql_query(conn, "select *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj6
1 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)