Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to exit from Linux ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to exit from Linux ? Post 825 by mib on Sunday 21st of January 2001 03:30:30 AM
Old 01-21-2001
when you restart the computer you should get LILO Prompt. press tab key to see what command you can use at the prompt. Usually it is 'dos' & 'linux'. Type dos to start windows or type linux to start linux.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"whenever sqlerror exit 1" does not work on Linux

Hi folks, I have the following functions in my Installation script: create_roles() { export rollback=yes echo "\nCreating roles ..." >> $installLog errMsg="ERROR: Failed to create roles!\nCheck the details in ${logDir}/create_roles.log" validMsg="-> VALID: roles were created." ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to stop linux man pages from clearing on exit?

Whenever I quit out of reading a man page, it clears the screen. I do not like this behavior, as I'd like to keep part of the man page on the screen while I type out a command. How do I stop this behavior? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
6 Replies

4. Programming

exit(0) versus exit(1)

What is the difference between using exit(0) and exit(1) to exit a program? Which should I use? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is meaning of exit(0) and exit(1)

can u tell me what is the meaning of exit(0),exit(1),exit(2) what is diff amonng these. Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux:Program exit with displaying a print feature

hi All I have a scritp running which connects to a local host and then gets a value from a field and then ftp that value to antoher server. It is running fine, and from crontab it gives the output to a file, the problem is sometime it doesnt run but if i check the output file it does not show one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

LINUX - How to compare the values in 2 files & exit from the script

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to compare 2 files & if the values in the files match, it should proceed, else exit the script without proceeding further. For e.g : Scenario 1 In this case, the script should exit without proceeding further. Scenario 2 In this case, the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux process exit

friends when I call to a procedure where DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE bd are having the procedure? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux shell | how to exit a script if any command fails.

Hi, i am new here let me say HI for all. now i have a question please: i am sending one command to my machine to create 3 names. if one of the names exists then the box return error message that already have the name but will continue to create the rests. How i can break the command and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiri
7 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)