Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File name of a script output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File name of a script output Post 82490 by cheo_pr on Thursday 1st of September 2005 04:02:16 PM
Old 09-01-2005
Error File name of a script output

I have a script that run every morning, but I need the output file to have the date in the name.

example:

df -k > 01092005.log

the bold part is what I need. I tried df -k >${DATE}.log but doesn't work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to convert input file(s) to output file

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me with some scripting I need to complete using AWK. I'm trying to process multiple fixed files to generate one concatenated fixed file in a standard format. The Input file is:- aaaa bbbbb ccccc 1 xxxx aaa bbb aaaa bbbbb ccccc 2 abcd aaa CCC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script function to use script name for log file output

Hi Team - I"m very new to Shell Scripting so I have a rather novice question. My forte is Windows Batch Scripting so I was just wondering what the Shell Script equivalent is to the DOS command %~n? %~n is a DOS variable that dispayed the script name. For instance (in DOS): REM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::DateTime - common date/time processing routines SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Util::DateTime; print "Current date: " . date_now(); DESCRIPTION
This package provides set of routines for date and time processing. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
date_now_array([TIME]) Returns array of date items for given date. If source date is not set current date used. date_now([TIME]) Return [given] date as string. 2001-12-23 14:39:53 date_now_iso8601([TIME]) Return date as ISO 8601 string. 20011223T14:39:53Z <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime> date_strip(DATE) Trim miliseconds from date. date_date(DATE) Trim time part from date. date_time(DATE) Trim date part from date. time_from_string($string) Return parsed date/time structure. date_from_string($string) Return date from string representation. date_inc([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return date incremented with given number of seconds. date_inc_string([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return string representation of date incremented with given number of seconds. EXAMPLES
None yet BUGS
Unknown yet SEE ALSO
Date::Parse, Date::Format TODO
Import stuff from Wono project AUTHOR
Valentyn Solomko <val@pere.org.ua> Michael Bochkaryov <misha@rattler.kiev.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)