Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable password expire in HP UNIX Post 82331 by christina fung on Wednesday 31st of August 2005 02:32:50 AM
Old 08-31-2005
Question Disable password expire in HP UNIX

Hi,

How to disable passwd expire in HP UNIX by not using SAM ?
In our system SAM have some strange bugs. However due to some reason, we cannot add that patch.

B. Rgds
Christina

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password will expire

login: TEST7 TEST7's Password: Your password will expire: Wed Feb 19 14:28:08 2003 How can I the same information become in a script (as example in the .profile)????????? My login starts with .profile. These File is a menue with 24 lines and the message " Your password ....." disappear to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expire

Hi, Is there any way to find out the UNIX user's password expire date?. It'll we helpful to inform the users to change the password before it get expires.(FYI - I am not having only admin previlege.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

set password not to expire

Hi All, Is this true on chage command? -M, MAX_DAYS Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password's validity. Does this means password will not expire anymore? Thanks for any comment you may add. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with password expire and sudo.

Hi, I have a small problem that I need to address regarding the password expiration for a number of different oracle accounts. Currently I have the MAXWEEKS set to 12 in the /etc/default/passwd file for all accounts. I also have sudo installed on the server and users access the oracle accounts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP password expire error

Hi, I am using sftp in batch script for which all configuration for public/private keys are done and it works fine without asking a password. No issues till this point. Now I the problem I have is that if the password expires/someone changes the authentication keys at reote server then the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolwade
4 Replies

7. AIX

Password Expire Message

Does anyone know if the default message displayed when a users password has expired can be changed? I am just assuming the message below is the default one. If so please tell. Using username "justinxx". justinxx@160.23.12.44's password: WARNING: Your password has expired. You must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for Specific Username Password Expire

hey Guys, I haven't posted in a while, But you guys were really helpful alst time. I have had a issue with User Passwords expiring, and since I dont check /var/cron/log on the regular I never know these suers are expiring, making certain nightly jobs not run. With this script, I want to be... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to set user password to never expire in UNIX servers

Hi, I have a requirement where in i need to write a shell script to set users password to never expire. I know the command which is used to perform the same .. which is chage command. But, could not figure out how to do the same in shell script. Could you please help me with the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suren424
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Force to reset password after expire

Hi Lads, I would like place the mechanism of force reset password to user when he login to the server after his password expired. Currently, We are resetting users once in every 60 days using cron job but I am thinking is there any other way to force reset passwords after it expires? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies
SAM_INITIALIZE(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)

NAME
sam_initialize - Initialize health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_initialize (int time_interval, sam_recovery_policy_t recovery_policy); DESCRIPTION
The sam_initialize function is used to initialize health checking of a process. Application can have only one instance of SAM. This function must be called before any other of SAM functions. It is recommended to ini- tialize before the process begins any process initialization. The time_interval parameter is a timeout in milliseconds before taking recovery action after having not received a healthcheck. If time_interval parameter is zero, there is no time limit and no healthcheck must be sent by the process. In this operational mode, a process failure will continue to execute the recovery policy. The recovery_policy is defined as type: typedef enum { SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT = 1, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART = 2, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM = 0x08, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM_QUIT = SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM | SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM_RESTART = SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM | SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_CMAP = 0x10, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_CONFDB = 0x10, } sam_recovery_policy_t; where SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT on failure, the process will terminate. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART on failure, the process will restart. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM is not policy. Used only as flag meaning quorum integration SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM_QUIT same as SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT but sam_start (3) will block until corosync becomes quorate and process will be terminated if quo- rum is lost. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUORUM_RESTART same as SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART but sam_start (3) will block until corosync becomes quorate and process will be restarted if quorum is lost. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_CMAP is not policy. Used only as flag meaning cmap integration. It can be used with all previous policies. For backward compatibility, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_CONFDB with same meaning as SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_CMAP is also provided. To perform event driven healthchecking, sam_register(3) and sam_start(3) functions must called. Event driven healthchecking causes the duplicate standby process running the SAM serve rto periodically request healthchecks from the active process. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE can happened in case of double initialization. CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM recovery_policy has invalid value. SEE ALSO
sam_register(3), sam_start(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) CS_ERR_TRY_AGAIN Resource temporarily unavailable CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM Invalid argument CS_ERR_ACCESS Permission denied CS_ERR_LIBRARY The connection failed CS_ERR_INTERRUPT System call inturrupted by a signal CS_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED The requested protocol/functuality not supported CS_ERR_MESSAGE_ERROR Incorrect auth message received CS_ERR_NO_MEMORY Not enough memory to completed the requested task corosync Man Page 21/05/2010 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)