Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Trying to install codependent patches Post 82318 by Perderabo on Tuesday 30th of August 2005 10:56:04 PM
Old 08-30-2005
I have never heard of codependent patches. That's crazy. Let me see here...
PHKL_33049 requires: PHKL_31500 PHKL_33463
PHKL_33463 requires: PHKL_31500 PHKL_33049

Smilie

The procedure to consolidate patches is in this thread. If that doesn't work for you, try adding this option to swinstall:
-x enforce_dependencies=false

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No 5 fail. When install Patches. How to settle?

Install 2.6Recommanded on 2 workstations, one works, but the other one has many No 5 fail. the log says: Installing 106361-14... WARNING: /usr/sbin/patchadd is being used to install this patch. Checking installed packages and patches... Executing prepatch script... Verifying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

2. Solaris

OS Patches

Hi all, We are planning to install Oracle 10g in the Sun Solaris 10 (64 bit Sun Sparc ). Can any one please tell me what are the OS level patches that has to be installed in the OS before starting installation of Oracle 10g. Thanks and Regards, Prashanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

3. Solaris

patches

# /usr/sbin/patchadd -p | grep 119961 Patch: 119961-02 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsprot Patch: 119961-04 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsprot I was trying to check if i have the above patch on my system when i got the result as shown above, does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

4. Solaris

OS patches

Hi all, I am working on SUN-fire server solaris-10 How to find out what & how much " OS patches " installed on it?? plz help me out .:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

5. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

6. Solaris

OS Patches

Hi, Please let me know how to check all the opearating system patches that were applied on an Sun Solaris machine. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

10_Recommended patches install - hangs!

Got a Solaris 10 05/09 machine recently built. Trying to run installcluster --s10cluster like Ive done loads of times before. On this particular machine, it just sits there, no output on command line. Any ideas what to try to see whats going wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Patches hp-ux

Hi, I donīt have support HP, so I donīt get download patches on itrc. Somebody know a free site to download HP-UX patches? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quimera
3 Replies

9. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

How do I install security patches with no internet access?

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux and I want to download security patches and install them on RHEL 5.4. I've searched the red hat web site but cant seem to find where the download link is. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jardoo
5 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD