Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: your recommendations
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting your recommendations Post 82300 by reborg on Tuesday 30th of August 2005 04:23:03 PM
Old 08-30-2005
Have a look in the FAQs there is a LOT of information there about these types of question.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations for a convert

I'm on my way, I've seen the light and it's not a train at the other end of the tunnel :) What tutorial or manual or reference point(s) would you recommend for an experienced DOS and CP/M type, who wants to learn the command equivalents within Unix? I have a good understanding of program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Swap space recommendations for 9

Core dumps on larger systems have become quite large. Sun, is beginning to ship 146Gig drives. What is the recommended partition size for swap? I can not get a good answer to this question. The double your RAM recommendation is quite old and outdated. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bgboost
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for recommendations for free Xserver

Hello , im not sure if its the right forum... im sorry if not im working with putty allot , but now I started to work with more graphical applications and im looking for free simple and fast Xserver to remote connection, can someone recommend me if there is something like that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Request for Recommendations

Hello Guru's, I created this shell script to copy over the files from one location to other location and generating a list of files to process them through ETL tool. Could you please review the code and tell me if you have any recommendations or changes for my code or any thing wrong in my code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ZPOOL Reconfig Recommendations(?)

Current Setup: OS: Solaris 10 (5.10) x64 Motherboard: SUPERMICRO MBD-PDSME+-O LGA 775 Intel 3010 SATA Controller: SUPERMICRO AOC-SAT2-MV8 - SATA Controller (x2) Link Aggregated @ 2Gb: 110MB sustained throughput :b: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM storagepool ONLINE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol72
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall recommendations?

I'm currently running 32-bit Xubuntu 8.10 and I'm thinking of changing over to 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04. Any recommendations on how to make this go more smoothly? -----Post Update----- Can I shuffle around the partitions and install it as a second OS? Is there a good way to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations on my study path

i have a little background in C (2 sems in university), and have been studying the bash articles on tldp.org i just wanted to know what you guys recommend i look up next. i'm interested in the server administration side of linux, and in kernel and peripheral interface. so i'm not sure whether to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momo.reina
3 Replies

8. Fedora

Recommendations on Unix Distro

I'd like to become more familiar with Unix. To that end I want to install and practice/play with a (open source) Unix distro; however, I'm uncertain which one I should use. I'm considering freebsd, openbsd, and openSolaris. I'm familiar and comfortable with RHL/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu. Keeping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateKin
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)