Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SED Question -- on appending to a file Post 82170 by Redg on Monday 29th of August 2005 12:48:55 PM
Old 08-29-2005
Thanks

Vino...Thank you sooo much for your help...

Here is the command i have that works:

[root@localhost ds1c]# cat /mnt/winbox/list_measurement/ds1c/ds1_f.rome_27A03A 2>> error_log | sed -e '1,3d;s/^/27A03A,/' -e "s#\(.*\)#\1 ,$(date +%Y-%m-%d)#g" > /SBS/ds1_f.rome_27A03A

Here is the Results

,2005-08-29dale,3:02 am MON AUG 29, 2005,6:25 pm SAT JUN 25, 2005,08/28,03:09,0,0,0,0,N/A,N/A

Here is what i am looking for:

27A03A,orestdale,2:17 pm FRI AUG 26, 2005,6:25 pm SAT JUN 25, 2005,08/26,05:39,0,0,0,0,N/A,N/A,2005-08-29

all i need to do is put 27A03A, at the beginning of each line and ,2005-08-29
Smilie

Last edited by Redg; 08-29-2005 at 03:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string to xml file using "sed"

Hi folks, Following a section in opmn.xml file: </process-type> <process-type id="OC4J_RiGHTv_IRD1" module-id="OC4J"> <environment> <variable id="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="/home/ias/v10.1.2/lib" append="true"/> <variable id="SHLIB_PATH"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending to sed output of one file into the middle of file

hi, i have a file file1 file2 ----------- ----------------- aa bbb ccc 111 1111 1111 ddd eee fff 222 3333 4444 ggg hhh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4desperado
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending and sed

Hello, I want to add string #REAL at the end of all lines that contain real numbers. How to do this using sed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending a file using sed in ksh

i am trying to append a 5 line SGML file(file1) with a 500,000 line SGML file (file2). file1 is a template, so i wish to preserve. i only want to add lines 5 to the end of file2. i have: cp file1 temp1 sed -n '5,$p' file2 >> temp1 when i check the tail of temp1, i consistantly find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smac
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string (charachters inside the line) to a fixed width file using awk or sed

Source File: abcdefghijklmnop01qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop02qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop03qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop04qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop05qrstuvwxyz Whatever characters are in 17-18 on each line of the file, it should be concatenated to the same line at the character number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed appending needed only after first instance

Hi, Here is my piece of code used with sed in shell script: sed -i '/<falsemodule-option>/ a\<LdapLogin>' myxmlfile The problem that i am facing with the above is that in 'myxml' file i have mulitple instances of <falsemodule-option> so when i execute the above sed command, it is appending... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/Sed - appending within file

hello all, First time post here. I have searched a bit but could not find an exact answer. I have about a week's experience of Sed and Awk, and am having fun, but am a little stuck. I am reformatting an xml file into json format. I have got this far: {"clients": ...and so on. What I want... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: singerfc
22 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - appending text

Hey all I am trying to append a file called datebook.txt. I want to append the end of each line containing the name Fred with three ***. I believe I need to make the * loose its meta character meaning in addition to using the append command. I have tried several variations of this command and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed appending problem

i have a number of java files containing eg: --------------myfile.java-------------- package zip.fun.myfiles; import java.* import something..; import sdfdfdsa; ... ... -------------------------------------------- Now I need to append / insert a line as follows: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command help (appending)

I need to append a user to the end of a group in the /etc/group file ftp::49:user1,user2... what I want to to add a new user to the group file so that I won't have to open it up and append manually and I can't user "usermod" it fails this user will be coming from a variable (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
11 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)