Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls Post 8215 by Shamwari on Monday 8th of October 2001 11:23:59 AM
Old 10-08-2001
Question Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get Message from file within date range

Hi All, I am a java devloper putting my hands on shell scripts. Honestly it sounds coool and interesting Presently I got stuck with the following requirement. Get the messages from file. The messages in the file are as follows: date|message1 date|message2 . . . date is of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambharish
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the file with in the date range

Hi All, I want a shell script which can display the file with in the date range. For Example I have 15 files with the following format abc_01-01-2009.txt to abc_15-01-2009.txt. Now I want to have the files between 4th of jan to 12th files. How can I acheive this. Advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fareed_do
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list file names in a certain date range using ls command?

Hi experts, I Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls:confused:. Please help me with any sample script. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vutti
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pattern range to a new file

Hi Everyone! I really appreciate all of your help, I'm learning so much, can't wait until I get good enough to start answering questions! I have a problem ... from one large file, I'd like to create multiple new files for each pattern block beginning with /^ISA/ ending with /^IEA/ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Range Only Once Per File

Scenario: Each of several .txt files contain the following (but perhaps with some minor variations due to code version running on the devices from which the text was extracted): <output omitted> SWITCH1#show proc cpu hist 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svermill
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers along with file names.

Hi All, I have some thousand files with names like 1.syl, 2.syl, 5.syl etc. These files contain one sentence each. I want to store all those sentences along with the file ID that is 1, 2, 5 with the sentences they contain. For example, 1.syl has this is a test line 2.syl has ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deal with a range of file names

Red Hat enterprise Lines 5.8 I have files like below. All the below files are created in the same minute. Using mv command, I want to move 33 files starting from pg424_fcds_1_718519105_34304.dat to pg424_fcds_1_718519105_34336.datto another direcory called /data/fcds_logs/ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the output with different file names

I have a python script that gives output called test.png. By using the following command I run the script every 2 seconds. What is the easiest way to save the output as follows ( test.png (1st output), tes1.png (second output), tes2.png ....) Command I i use while sleep 2; do python... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists

Hi, I am Searching for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists. the below is the format: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ID: FIRST ID MESSAGE: Event Message... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxuser999
5 Replies
keyhead(1)						      General Commands Manual							keyhead(1)

Name
       keyhead - Change FITS or IRAF header keyword names

Synopsis
       keyhead [-hknv] <FITS or IRAF file> kw1=kw1a kw2=kwd2a ... kwn=kwdna

Description
       Change the names of keywords in FITS or IRAF image headers.  Each current image keyword whose entry is to be modified should be followed by
       an equal sign and a second keyword, with no intervening spaces.	If the -r option is used, the value of the second keyword is transfered to
       that  of the first. Otherwise, the name of the first keyword is changed to the second keyword.  To change keywords in a list of files, sub-
       stitute @<listfile> for the file names on the command line.  To change a lot of keywords, put them, one pair separated by an = sign with no
       spaces  per  line, in a file and substitute @<keylistfile> on the command line.	If two @ commands are present, the program will figure out
       which contains file names and which contains keywords.  Lines in a keyword list file which do not contain an = are ignored.

Options
       -h     Write HISTORY line into output header with sethead version, current date and time, and names of keywords set.

-k     Write KEYHEAD keyword into output header with the keyhead version, current date and time, and names  of  keywords  whose	names  are
	      changed.	If a KEYHEAD keyword already exists, move the old value to a HISTORY line before writing the new value

-n     Write a new file with an added "e" before the extension.

-r letter
	      Replace  value of 1st keyword with value of 2nd keyword instead of changing the name of the 1st keyword to the 2nd keyword.  The 2nd
	      keyword remains in the header.  If the 1st keyword does not exist in the header, it is created.

-v     Print confirmations of each keyword change.

Web Page
       http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/software/wcstools/keyhead.html

Author
       Doug Mink, SAO (dmink@cfa.harvard.edu)

6 July 2001							     WCSTools								keyhead(1)